Options

***New*** Wireshark Book

2»

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    Mine is scheduled for the 1st? Booo icon_sad.gif

For those that have it, what are your initial impressions?

I like what I've looked over (first couple chapters and a little near the back). I need to complete 2 other books (or really 6, but once these other two are done I can add this one easily into my reading).

I'd say it's laid out well and the images and descriptions are very clear (as I'd expect).

My only disappointment is that it is a paperback and not in hardcover, but I'll get over that in time :)

The pencil is nice too! ;)

Maybe by Monday I can really 'begin' reading it.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Has everyone/anyone gotten their books yet?

I thought I went through the option that led to a Yahoo Store and ordered one -- and I see some of my info appear when I do a partial entry in the fields, so I know I've been on the page before..... I just haven't received (or been billed) for the copy I thought I pre-ordered icon_scratch.gif

Did I miss an additional submit/confirm button on the order form? Or did pre-orders exceed the initial printing and are others still waiting for their copy?

Yes, mine arrived on the 19th of March.

I don't recall how the order process went, though...I Just entered my info, and received my confirmation e-mail a few moments afterward.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    I Just entered my info, and received my confirmation e-mail a few moments afterward.
    I think I checked for an email around the 19th when I saw your previous post -- not the 10th when I thought I ordered it. icon_lol.gif

I'm off to check my two most likely email addresses for an order confirmation around the 10th.... If I don't find a confirmation email then I'll probably just order (another?) one -- worst case I'll have an autographed 1st edition to give someone as a birthday present.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think I checked for an email around the 19th when I saw your previous post -- not the 10th when I thought I ordered it. icon_lol.gif

I'm off to check my two most likely email addresses for an order confirmation around the 10th.... If I don't find a confirmation email then I'll probably just order (another?) one -- worst case I'll have an autographed 1st edition to give someone as a birthday present.

pssssssssssss mines the 24th October ;);)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options

Or look for the charges around the 15th (I think that's when it shipped). So if you were not billed...safe to bet you won't see two copies...However, it would make an excellant gift to a Tech-Type person...maybe an anniversary present icon_cheers.gif (or not for most spouses won't find that a 'great' gift icon_sad.gif ).

Heck, donate it to your library and use it as a 'gift-in-kind' donation! (just hope they don't sell it to buy more sewing books icon_sad.gif (maybe that's just my library icon_scratch.gif )
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Any chance a new coupon code will be issued? I didn't see this post until today. icon_sad.gif
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    Sigh, I went ahead and paid full retail...... but at least (hopefully) I remembered to select yes for the signed copy.

And I got the confirmation email.

I did have a funky Internet Connection back on the 10th of March -- I remember the failed attempt to take advantage of the Keurig extra-bold coffee sale for the daylight saving time change. I don't think I placed my "first" order during that hour that didn't exist ("spring ahead") -- but I'll will be strange if a 2nd copy shows up after we get that hour back in the change to standard time in the fall :D
  • Options
    Sigh, I went ahead and paid full retail...... but at least (hopefully) I remembered to select yes for the signed copy.

I did have a funky Internet Connection back on the 10th of March -- I remember the failed attempt to take advantage of the Keurig extra-bold coffee sale for the daylight saving time change. I don't think I placed my "first" order during that hour that didn't exist ("spring ahead") -- but I'll will be strange if a 2nd copy shows up after we get that hour back in the change to standard time in the fall :D

Good luck on this one arriving soon then!

I was thinking Indiana still supported Non-DST (and you never would have lost your hour), but it appears they too have now fallen victim to DST...poor b@st@rds icon_sad.gif Arizona and Hawaii are the last two remaing states with some sense regarding time changes ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options

Good luck on this one arriving soon then!

I was thinking Indiana still supported Non-DST (and you never would have lost your hour), but it appears they too have now fallen victim to DST...poor b@st@rds icon_sad.gif Arizona and Hawaii are the last two remaing states with some sense regarding time changes ;)
    Daylight Saving Time — Infoplease.com
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□

its taking awhile because she is going to hand deliver it to you icon_wink.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    elphrank0elphrank0 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The 35% coupon is still being tooken. I received the book yesterday. Through Chapter 2 and started watching some of the videos from the website in the book. Very Nice!
  • Options
    elphrank0 wrote: »
    The 35% coupon is still being tooken. I received the book yesterday. Through Chapter 2 and started watching some of the videos from the website in the book. Very Nice!

I started the videos and re-read Chapter 1.

She's done a nice job.

Wireshark Network Analysis
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    So who is going to be the One? Noooooo!!! -- not in the Highlander way, I mean the first to attempt and earn the Certification!! Who's going to study for it?