New router by cisco to increase speeds

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I feel really dumb for that.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I feel really dumb for that.
    Nah. Was just saying we had a thread going over there already. Wasn't being mean or anything :)
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Don't feel dumb, you informed me about this.

Incidentally, a case of don't believe the hype?
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Incidentally, a case of don't believe the hype?
    The last mile is the problem for consumer internet anyway so this CRS-3 won't do a thing for that.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Eventually the providers are going to have to get off their asses and do something about the last mile, they just won't do it until there's a business case for it (ie, enough people complain, or a competitor appears that will give better service and they need to upgrade to be able to compete). So it's good this kind of technology is being developed, because the world is only going to become *more* bandwidth hungry as we go on.

But for the majority of us, yeah, it'll make zero difference if our providers put one of these in their carrier closets