Options

SDM Simulator.

Tommy2727Tommy2727 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys/gals.

Are their any simulator for SDM? From my understanding some simulation on the exam will have SDM extensively, is this correct? And if so, how did you guys that passed study. Also, I officially scheduled my exam, tentative date April 22, 2010 2:00pm EST. I've been studying Cisco on and off for about 4 years now and "bye gosh" its time I take the exam already!! Currently studying 40 min a day b/c I work full time and very nerves. Any ideas, advice, study material, rabbits feet, four leaves clovers, anything is greatly appreciated.. lol,lol.lol

I've herd the all in one 640-802 is extremely more difficult than two part exam.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

-Tommy
Practice, Practice, and more Practice make Perfection.....

Comments

• Options
    CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    Tommy2727 wrote: »
    Are their any simulator for SDM? From my understanding some simulation on the exam will have SDM extensively, is this correct?
    I dont recall SDM being in the CCNA material at all. Knowledge about it is needed for the CCNA Security concentration exam. Keep in mind no one can LEGALLY tell you what is on the exam. Check the Cisco website for the exam blueprint for a list of all topics covered.
    And if so, how did you guys that passed study.
    For the Security exam I basically just read the Official Cert Guide by Cisco Press and used the practice test CD included with it. I also watched a few videos from TrainSignal's CCNA Security DVD.
    I've herd the all in one 640-802 is extremely more difficult than two part exam.

Same material is covered on the composite exam as is covered on the 2 part (ICND1/ICND2) exams. It just comes down to how much ino you can retain at once. End the end you would have half as many questions asked if you took the composite exam. Costs would be the same.

I'd be surprised if 40min a night would be sufficient to really prepare you for a definite pass.
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    CiskHo wrote: »
    I dont recall SDM being in the CCNA material at all. Knowledge about it is needed for the CCNA Security concentration exam. Keep in mind no one can LEGALLY tell you what is on the exam. Check the Cisco website for the exam blueprint for a list of all topics covered.
    SDM is listed on the CCNA exam blueprint so its fair game for Cisco to ask you questions on the specific portions listed.
  • Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    You can download and use Dynamips/GNS3 to use SDM, providing you have access to the correct IOS images.

Video: Configure SDM in GNS3 | GNS3 Labs :: Cisco Router Simulator Network Topologies

I wouldn't worry too much about SDM for the exam.
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • Options
    Tommy2727Tommy2727 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all, I guess I'm post a new thread everyday now with my questions and concerns.

I'm studying the 640-802 PDF, also CBT nuggest for CCNA.

Not to seem like a slacker or anthing but your own opinion what was the hardest topic and what gave you the most difficulty? I'm ok with the overall concepts of basic routing/switching/ protocols but I'm just nerves......

any advice is greatly appreciated again.
    Practice, Practice, and more Practice make Perfection.....
  • Options
    CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    ...what was the hardest topic and what gave you the most difficulty? I'm ok with the overall concepts of basic routing/switching/ protocols but I'm just nerves......
    I was VERY nervous during my ICND1 & 2 studies and testing. I got over that after passing the ICND2 exam. Just took some getting used to the whole exam atmosphere again (hadn't taken a quiz/test for 10+ years LOL).

As far as subject matter goes... being able to do simple subnetting quickly was my biggest hurdle. Frame relay concepts and creating serial links were next in line for me.
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT