Options

New MCITP:EA - Just passed 70-647!

wheezwheez Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed 70-647 with 880 today!

Mainly studied by labbing a LOT. Luckily I'm able to do a lot of that during work-time which really helps. Apart from that I've used the MSPress books which I though were pretty decent.

I took the 70-643 two weeks ago, so these topics were still fresh in mind.. Only topics I struggle with now and then are Federation Services and Certificate Services. Those both had some questions that I probably failed, but apart from those I didn't think it was too hard.

Now where to go next.. :)
WIP: Considering cert path.. :-)

Comments

• Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Chief!

Any tips on areas to brush up on? I'm tackling this one next.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations
    I'm just now studying for the 70-640 and 70-642.
    Any advice you can give on those besides labbing a lot (doing that already). I'm using the MS Press self study kit and doing the labs on a VMWare workstation.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    LukeQuake wrote: »
    Congrats Chief!

Any tips on areas to brush up on? I'm tackling this one next.

Thanks! :)

Did you do the 70-649 already, as it says WIP in your sig..? Make sure you know which domain/forest functional levels are needed for the new features in 2008, how to configure AD sites and bridges. As you have your MCSE and are upgrading to 2008 that shouldn't be too hard. Apart from that, as I said ADCS and ADFS were the hardest topics from my point of view.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Congratulations
    I'm just now studying for the 70-640 and 70-642.
    Any advice you can give on those besides labbing a lot (doing that already). I'm using the MS Press self study kit and doing the labs on a VMWare workstation.
    Apart from making sure you check the resource threads for these exams.. No real specifics here. If I remember correctly NPS/NAP and the command line tools for managing AD and server core were quite important.
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the club.
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rhermans wrote: »
    Thanks! :)

Did you do the 70-649 already, as it says WIP in your sig..? Make sure you know which domain/forest functional levels are needed for the new features in 2008, how to configure AD sites and bridges. As you have your MCSE and are upgrading to 2008 that shouldn't be too hard. Apart from that, as I said ADCS and ADFS were the hardest topics from my point of view.

Passed the 70-649 yesterday so now starting work on the 70-647 icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the tips, I'll brush up and go for this soon.
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Great score! Congratulations!
    -- Dan
  • Options
    LukeQuake wrote: »
    Passed the 70-649 yesterday so now starting work on the 70-647 icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the tips, I'll brush up and go for this soon.
    Congrats on the 70-649 and good luck with 70-647!
    danclarke wrote:
    Great score! Congratulations!
    Thanks, it still feels good! :D