Microsoft Action Pack

jsolarijsolari Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey All,

Once upon a time when I was studying for my microsoft certifications a friend of mine had an action pack. he let me use some of the software to study for my certifications.

Is it possible to get a action pack for these reasons?

Does anybody have more information on this? Reason I ask is windows 7 + server 2008 can get expensive.

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    MAPs, or Microsoft Action Packs, are available only to Microsoft Partners, as far as I know.

What you'd be looking at is a TechNet subscription, found here:

Buy, Renew or Upgrade Your TechNet Plus Subscription
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    darkerosxx is right, Action Pack is an MSPartner thing.

Technet would be the best bet.
  • forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    I have a TechNet subscription. It's pretty sweet.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • jsolarijsolari Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    is there still the $99 student special? any coupon codes?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    MAPs, or Microsoft Action Packs, are available only to Microsoft Partners, as far as I know.

What you'd be looking at is a TechNet subscription, found here:

Buy, Renew or Upgrade Your TechNet Plus Subscription

The TN subscription is about the same price as the AP. I used to get AP then MS told me someone from 'my' company already had a subsciption icon_rolleyes.gif Considering I was the only person in my company...I didn't see how that was possible, but after many conversations and e-mails...my mystery employee won. Worst part they would not provide me with 'who' (and remember the person didn't exist) was so...TN is a cleaner way to go IMO.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    There is a difference in how the software is licensed for usage though. The Action Pack subscription is for a partner to use internally in a live environment whilst a TechNet subscription is for evaluation only. The software you get access to and the number of keys you get is slightly different between Action Pack and TechNet as well.

If you just need eval copies of the server software which have a limited duration then you can just download those off the Microsoft site without needing a subscription. If you want the other software or don't want the limited durations then you'll need to get a subscription. What you're doing with the software then determines what package you need.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□