Options

InfoSecurity Europe

laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
Anyone going to the uk event next month ?
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• Options
    brocbroc Member Posts: 167
    I will be attending this year, not sure if I'll be there all three days yet though. I need to start thinking about which sessions I am going to attend...
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Was this prompted on by the email (ISC)2 just sent out? I'd like to, but I have the whole ocean dilemma I'd have to deal with... icon_sad.gif

Let us know how it is!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote: »
    Was this prompted on by the email (ISC)2 just sent out? I'd like to, but I have the whole ocean dilemma I'd have to deal with... icon_sad.gif

Let us know how it is!

You don't do the traveling over ocean thing? icon_wink.gif

I would love to go if I could! I need to get out of the country and do some traveling. I haven't even been to Canada, and I lived in Michigan... icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    Was this prompted on by the email (ISC)2 just sent out?

It will be my first Infosec Europe, I heard of it a couple of months ago and signed up recently as many sessions looks interesting.
    I'd like to, but I have the whole ocean dilemma I'd have to deal with... icon_sad.gif

Now you can't leave it like that without explaining what is your reason to avoid crossing the ocean?? ;)
    Let us know how it is!

I will!
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • Options
    I've been the last couple of years icon_smile.gif

Consequently I had already registered when I recieved my ISC2 invite.

Funny thing I was with a colleague last year when I visited the ISC2 stand and he asked what the cissp\sscp was about, the sales guy (rep) was just about to open his mouth when I rattled off what I knew and rep looked at me and asked if I wanted a job there icon_smile.gif
    I'll be visiting them this year again with my pin gleaming icon_biggrin.gif and to ask them a couple of questions.

Broc (and anyone else) let me know what day your going if I'm there would be good to put faces to names and build some networks icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Broc (and anyone else) let me know what day your going if I'm there would be good to put faces to names and build some networks icon_smile.gif

Will do. I'm hoping to be there for the three days as I'm interested in many of the talks/workshops. I'll always find time for networking though :) Are you planning to be there all three days?
  • Options
    broc wrote: »
    Now you can't leave it like that without explaining what is your reason to avoid crossing the ocean?? ;)

No interesting reasons, just time and money. I will accept a plane ticket and couch to crash on if anyone is willing to donate though...

Plus, I also hate being on planes for long periods of time (though being confined to a small area for long periods of time does allow me to focus on my CISSP studies icon_lol.gif).
  • Options
    Ok, I understand. I haven't been to any event in the US for the same reasons and you do have loads of good infosec events in the US!

I hate being stuck on planes too but I still flight often as I like traveling and there is no other way to travel :)
  • Options
    Ok, I understand. I haven't been to any event in the US for the same reasons and you do have loads of good infosec events in the US!

I hate being stuck on planes too but I still flight often as I like traveling and there is no other way to travel :)

Paul Boz and I travel for work, usually 2-3 weeks per month, so extra travel isn't necessary exciting icon_lol.gif

I know what you mean though...
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I usually go but not this year as I'll be on vacation. A few years back, I was working on one of the stands and was constantly distracted by the massive stand next door which had hired pole dancers...
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    I usually go but not this year as I'll be on vacation. A few years back, I was working on one of the stands and was constantly distracted by the massive stand next door which had hired pole dancers...

Hehe, the same thing happened to me a few years back in Turkey. 3 days of belly dancing on the stand next to us! It did bring loads of people close to our stand though :)
  • Options
    Paul Boz and I travel for work, usually 2-3 weeks per month, so extra travel isn't necessary exciting icon_lol.gif

I know what you mean though...

I've done that for a few years and it was good while it lasted but it comes a point where you can't do it anymore. Actually, my girlfriend probably made the decision it was time for me to stop being abroad more often than at home... :)
  • Options
    OK looks like I'm gonna be there on the 28th at the very least. I'm trying to get in for another day, but works busy at the moment.
    I'll be attending the ISC2 event in the evening too.
  • Options
    I'll probably be there on the 28th too, hopefully also on the 29th...
  • Options
    So who's going and when? A bit of a last minute decision but I'll be there today and tomorrow finally.

laidbackfreak - let me know when you're there and maybe we can grab a cup of coffee?
  • Options
    laidbackfreak - let me know when you're there and maybe we can grab a cup of coffee?

will do bud sent you a pm icon_smile.gif
    I'll be there tomorrow pm at the latest.
  • Options
    good to meet you Broc always ncie to put faces to names icon_smile.gif Drop me a quick pm to remind me what I was going to send you.

The event for me was pretty good and I got a lot of questions answered from various people I needed to speak with.
    The burlesque girls were a nice treat on the eye too icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    ah the burlesque girls.... ;)

The event was good, a bit of a shame they tried to cram so many technical talks though. It meant each speaker had about 15 minutes which is just too short to present anything.

Nice to meet you too Laidbackfreak and pm sent!
  • Options
    ah the burlesque girls.... ;)

according to my boss, one of them regularly appears on a certain tv station here lol

agreed the seminars try to pack too much info into them, but at least they give you a kind of high level overview a nice little taster I guess.