Options

Packet Tracer Labs for CCNA?

pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
So you guys recommended Packet Tracer to me a while back and I’ve been using it off an on when I find a lab, but I’d like to make sure I’m not downloading ****. They seem a bit sketchy to me when I do find one. Is there a place I can get more of these general ccna labs to practice with or do I have to sign up for this “Cisco Academy?”

Comments

• Options
    CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    Can't you refer to one of the study books? They usually have diagrams for when explaining a topic like RIP. Open up PT, add two routers, and start configuring them to run RIP. That's the method I used anyway (except I used real routers). Just create whatever topolgy is being discussed and start configuring.
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT
  • Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • Options
    pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    Oh, that might be handy. Thanks hexem.
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    the lab workbooks you buy from CiscoPress come with CD's full of labs for that particular workbook's course

like CCNA 1 has just basic stuff
    CCNA 2 covers Routing
    CCNA 3 covers Switching
    CCNA 4 covers "advanced" (term i use loosely) routing and switching and WAN Concepts
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    mella060mella060 Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are plenty of labs out there. I used the following for my CCNA studies...

Labs from Todd Lammles CCNA study guide
    Lab from CBT nuggets videos - follow along with Jeremy
    Chris Bryants ultimate CCNA study guide

Go through those and understand them and you will be well on your way to being ready for the exam...