Options

ICND1 - 30 minutes on a Sim

joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know I know, 30 minutes on a Sim are you crazy! The answer is, yes I am..hehe. I sat for the test today and the first question I get is a Sim, nothing new from the posts I've read, just don't spend more than 10 minutes.

I did everything that was asked, but I nothced something that didn't look right so I started to investigate it, next thing you know EEEK, 30 minutes gone!!!

50 minutetes to answer 49 questions, holy brain freeze Batman! Any way, I get the last question and time ran out, I never got a chance to answer it.

I found the questions to be easy generally speaking, everything presented was covered by the book or by testing software like Boson or Measure up.

The Materials I used were much like everyone else..
Wendall Odam ICND1
Chris Bryant's CCNA material
Boson software
Measureup software
And A LOT on time on Cisco's site doing their test questions, subnet games, and anything thing else of theirs I could use. Also the good ol'e subnettingquestions.com web site.

I passed with an 889, not great just surprised I even passed given my Sim disaster. Already started ICND2 material, can't let the momentum slow. :)

Comments

• Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    :D
    Congrats. I'm noticing a trend for the first question on these exams being a sim, I'm starting to think it is intentional to rattle the nerves!!

Good luck with the ICND2
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    mikem2te wrote: »
    I'm noticing a trend for the first question on these exams being a sim, I'm starting to think it is intentional to rattle the nerves!!
    Agreed. My 1st or 2nd and 2nd to last were both very time consuming (compared to the rest). Really threw me for a loop icon_sad.gif

Congrats on the pass!
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good thing you noticed the time and executed Emergency Backup Time Management Plan B icon_lol.gif

I definitely sounds like you could use a Celebration drunken_smilie.gif when you get home.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had 20 mins to spare on my second test. I had 30 mins on first but I failed the first with 1 point. My scores were actually great on 2nd test. I did not take my time first time.

Congrats on the test and have yourself a beer. I been studing the ICDN 2 now too. I was a little overwhelm at first but it is all coming into play.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I been studing the ICDN 2 now too. I was a little overwhelm at first but it is all coming into play.

The ICND2 material looks more interesting, less broad yet more focused. I'm really looking forward to diving in on some labs. It's fun as our knowledge increases and you have less ??? and more Ahhh moments...lol
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    joe48184 wrote: »
    The ICND2 material looks more interesting, less broad yet more focused. I'm really looking forward to diving in on some labs. It's fun as our knowledge increases and you have less ??? and more Ahhh moments...lol

Yes it is really neat. It is nice to understand alot of the theory. I do understand alot of theory I have gone over already as I been in the field for many years. I actually have to say I over study for ICND1 but I am glad I did. I am taking my time on this one too. I figure sit in the exam over the summer.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, it's easy to spend too much time on sims just making sure everything is correct. Good to see you pulled through. icon_wink.gif