Options

Help with Rack Rental

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
Ok here comes a tall order, I am looking for a rack rental site that, I can usually buy slots from with only about a four hour lead time, adequate equipment for CCNA, and that lets me remote into a pc and use the SDM features and telnet + TFTP.

As an example I used MindTech Communications - Cisco Online Rack Rental for CCNA, CCNP and CCIE Students. and did not like the setup.

Can anyone offer suggestions or am I shooting for the moon.

Keep in mind I am realtively new to cisco so I might be way off here.

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I realize this probably isn't what you're looking for, but to get this response out of the way: Have you tried using dynamips/GNS3?

Can't help much with the rack rental. The only one I've used is PacketLife's free lab, but it doesn't fit your requirements.
  • Options
    have equipment at home, but on the job I just started I find my self with 3 or 4 hours of down time during the day right now.
  • Options
    brocbroc Member Posts: 167
    Why don't you set up a VPN to access your equipment at home?
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • Options
    CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    broc wrote: »
    Why don't you set up a VPN to access your equipment at home?
    And if VPN isn't possible then why not just VNC? That's what I am doing at the moment.
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT
  • Options
    Satellite internet at the house, may try that, BUT Im not sure the internet I have at home will be fast enough
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Out of curiousity, what was it with Mindtech that you didn't like?
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    CCNA?

just use Packet Tracer, it's good enough for everything CCNA level
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    Dilbert65Dilbert65 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Head on over the Chris Bryants place. Smaller rack perfect for CCNA labs.

Rack Rentals For CCNA Certification Prep, Cisco CCNP Exam