Options

I passed as well over 900

dwtherockdwtherock Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all, I know I shouldn't create a thread for saying I passed but it's an independent achievement.

Taking a break for summer. Maybe CISSP in the fall maybe ISCW since it should be an eay transition form 640-553

It was easier than the CCNA. Now time to get all the cool gifs and avatars.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dwtherock wrote: »
    Hey all, I know I shouldn't create a thread for saying I passed but it's an independent achievement.

Taking a break for summer. Maybe CISSP in the fall maybe ISCW since it should be an eay transition form 640-553

It was easier than the CCNA. Now time to get all the cool gifs and avatars.

Congrats. ISCW is going to be gone by the fall you only have till July I believe.
  • Options
    dmb2002mandmb2002man Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Congrats. ISCW is going to be gone by the fall you only have till July I believe.

why even pass iscw as come july is discounted and wont transfer to the new ccnp either. Only bsci and bcmsm will as long as there passed by july.

CCNP July 2010 Certification Program Exam Changes
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

You may want to check your spam filter.... it seems you missed the Cisco memo about the changes to the CCNP :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dwtherockdwtherock Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I think I closed my domain and updated all my contact settings but you know how it is, you have to create a new account, Cisco won't change your contact info even when you call.
    I'm not even sure I will get the notification "official pass". Guess I better park that domain again.

I will take a look at all the changes for the CCNP. Right now my blinders have been on.

Thanks all.
  • Options
    geezergeezer Member Posts: 136
    Just a bit off topic, but if you pass an exam how are older current certifications renewed? Are they renewed from the date you took the latest 'refresh' exam or from the date you passed the older exam? For example, if I took my CCNA 2 years ago and passed the security one.

TIA
    I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The CCNA Security will renew your CCNA exam. However, if your CCNA Exam expires, the CCNA Security will not be awarded to you until you pass the CCNA again. So I guess to answer your question, a "higher" level certification automatically renews a lower cert. I hope this helps.

~Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    geezer wrote: »
    Are they renewed from the date you took the latest 'refresh' exam...
    I'm not 100% on this but I would think that your CCNA would be valid for 3 years from the date you passed the renewing/qualifying exam (CCNA level concentration or any CCNP level exam.)

So if you took the CCNA 2 years ago then passed the CCNASec exam today your CCNA would be valid for 3 years starting today.
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    CiskHo wrote: »
    I'm not 100% on this but I would think that your CCNA would be valid for 3 years from the date you passed the renewing/qualifying exam (CCNA level concentration or any CCNP level exam.)

So if you took the CCNA 2 years ago then passed the CCNASec exam today your CCNA would be valid for 3 years starting today.

Pretty much as above, but it can be any professional exam, and not just the NP route.
    hth

ps congrats to the OP
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)