70-640 - Server Roles?

TSFroggyTSFroggy Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I'm a junior IT professional looking to gain some experience, insight and clout through some MS certs... thus why I'm here. :)

I was reading over Sybex's book on exam 70-640, the Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration Study Guide, and was sort of shocked at the sparseness of what was covered in chapter 6 regarding different AD server roles. I'm very familiar with AD as is but work at a smaller company which doesn't even use these features.

My question is, how thoroughly covered are these concepts on the exams? Should I look for complementary material to add onto this already great book? For reference, the roles in this chapter cover AD LDS, AD RMS and AD FS.

Comments

• crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    AD CS is 13% of the exam, where as AD LDS/RMS/FS and RODC is 9%.

TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    AD DS is covered quite a bit, whereas the other stuff (LDS, RMS, FS, CS) arent covered much.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    TSFroggy wrote: »
    I was reading over Sybex's book on exam 70-640, the Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration Study Guide, and was sort of shocked at the sparseness of what was covered in chapter 6 regarding different AD server roles. Should I look for complementary material to add onto this already great book? For reference, the roles in this chapter cover AD LDS, AD RMS and AD FS.
    The MS Press Training Kit may cover those other areas deeper. I'm using that and the Sybex book and ucertify practice tests and the measure up practice tests that come with training kit book.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.