Options

Anyone know of a good live tv streaming site?

exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been watching Fox news off the Internet, but recently I've seen several sites that provided live streams take them down. Does anyone know of any good sites that provide live streams of Fox news and such? I'm having more trouble finding live streams lately.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That sounds like a sign that you shouldn't be watching Fox News ;)
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It will be hard to find a site that streams live TV. Live TV over the internet cuts in to the pockets of both the TV provider company as well as companies that pay to advertise VIA commercials. Granted this could be overcome, I don't see it becoming popular anytime soon.
  • Options
    I would simply get cable but where I live the only cable provider is Time Warner Cable which overcharges big time for cable, has poor customer service, and the picture quality is garbage.
  • Options
    Have you looked in to Satellite? That is what I have. It's great.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Why not just give up the tv?

Watch movies as you see fit. Read more. Do more. Less brain rot ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Why not just give up the tv?

How would one get in their weekly quota of Heroes & V? ;)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rsutton wrote: »
    How would one get in their weekly quota of Heroes & V? ;)

Hulu...

I don't have cable or watch TV either. I spend enough time in front of a screen as it is.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Hulu...

I don't have cable or watch TV either. I spend enough time in front of a screen as it is.

Not the same watching it on a 22 inch monitor with my Dell tweaters. I admit that it pains me to pay $50 a month to watch these two shows. What to do?
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I just setup a box running MythTV that transcodes live tv to flash on the fly. It was easier to just do it myself than find another site.
  • Options
    I don't watch alot tv myself which is why I don't want to spend $50+ a month just to watch a few channels.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't watch a lot of tv either. My wife and daughter do so I have satelite.
    Where I live we don't have cable. My problem is I have DSL from ATT which is so slow I can't stream TV. There's also a lot of trees around which means I lose satelite whenever we have storms.
    Thought about satelite internet but it's expensive and I'd lose signal whenever we have storms.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Id love to ditch the ridiculous cost of cable, but having no social life means I need something to do, lol.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    dynamik wrote: »
    That sounds like a sign that you shouldn't be watching Fox News ;)

TRUTH! icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    dingdong2dingdong2 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you have a relative or close friend that already has cable? I setup an Orb server at my mom's house so I could watch TV at my house. All you need is a dedicated machine with a TV Tuner card and Orb installed. Orb is also free. goto MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software.

OR like Forsaken_GA said you could use MythTV to do the same thing as orb (It's probably better than orb but i haven't used it).

Another thing that I do is just download my TV shows from torrents. I only watch a few select shows.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    rsutton wrote: »
    Not the same watching it on a 22 inch monitor with my Dell tweaters. I admit that it pains me to pay $50 a month to watch these two shows. What to do?

That's why you get a projector if 'size' matter ;)

Hulu is great. I haven't read any more of their 'pay-to-view' service.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?