Options

Transcender vs. Sybex

z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm brushing up on a few areas before I take the Net+ next week and came across a discrepancy in documentation types between transcender and the sybex book.
Particularly, according to transcender they say that Physical diagrams contrain IP address whereas the sybex book (by Todd Lammle) teaches to document ip addresses in the logical diagram (which I agree with). The transcender question uses this page as a reference for their answer.
Network diagrams

Which do you think is correct and which would be the more reliable source of information for future conflicts?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why not both? Network Infrastructure

Honestly, I do like to see them on the physical as well. You don't need to list every device that has an IP address, but it's nice to see the major devices/servers, and then a range for the client devices, printers, etc. (assuming an organization is that organized and has actually defined all that).

Every resource has hiccups here and there. I don't think you can say something as broad as Transcender is more Accurate than Sybex, or vice versa. I think they're both good overall, but you might have to do a little research on your own occasionally, check the errata sheets, etc.
  • Options
    z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed this morning with 835. Not bad with a few days of study.
    Used the sybex book and transcender.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    z3px wrote: »
    Passed this morning with 835. Not bad with a few days of study.
    Used the sybex book and transcender.

Congratulations. Great score.

With your MCSA it makes sense that you were able to tackle this so easily. It's quite a challenge to some people though.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
    Security+ Blog