Options

MCSA Security Journey: 290

2»

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    Well after a kind gift from Robert TechExams.net IT Certification Forums - View Profile: RobertKaucher (thanks again by the way) I have way more material than I though I was going to have. At any rate my plan is to sit the 290 within 1 month from Monday (april 15th). My material for the 290 will be as follows:

290 Study guide (MS academy)
    290 Lab manual (MS academy)
    Sybex guide
    MCSE Core in a NuShell

2 Server 2003 images
    1 windows 7 image (which will care over into 680)

I will use this thread to keep track of notes and such and track my progress towards my goal (the MCSA Security)

How's it going on this, K? You scheduled a test date?
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How's it going on this, K? You scheduled a test date?

I feel off the wagon because of my crazy schedule, school, "job", and other things. I actually felt like I didn't want to do it at all.

All in all I am going to do the 290 hopefully before the end of the month. To aggressive?

April 30th- MCP 290
    May - S+
    May - MCP 291
    June -MCTS 680 for MCSA (with my A+ and N+). I will see where this leads me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think that's too aggressive. I am going to be taking my 290 at the end of April. I have about 3 chapters left in Part 1 of the MS Press book. I've been doing fairly light studying as of now though. I really do need to ramp it up. I want to be looking at end of May for my 291 and June 15thish for 680 but we will see how everything turns out. I'd like to get those 3 knocked out while the second shot is going on. If I were you I would focus on the S+ last, I just think that it will deter you from your 291 studies which will be crucial to passing that test.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    I feel off the wagon because of my crazy schedule, school, "job", and other things. I actually felt like I didn't want to do it at all.

All in all I am going to do the 290 hopefully before the end of the month. To aggressive?

April 30th- MCP 290
    May - S+
    May - MCP 291
    June -MCTS 680 for MCSA (with my A+ and N+). I will see where this leads me.

Just gotta' do it. It might be for the 291. But your CCNA knowledge will help a bit there.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just gotta' do it. It might be for the 291. But your CCNA knowledge will help a bit there.

Hopefully. Wish me luck. I on chapter 4 of the 290 book and I plan to do chapters 5 and 6 tonight (after I get back from the baseball game, go Dragons lol). I am actually excited about doing it again which really helps.