Options

Mc3810

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hey everyone,

Think the MC3810 is worth bothering with? It's my understanding the commands are supposed to be very different than a modern CME? Seems like I should be able to get one for under $100. Or should I just take the $100 and apply it toward another 2621xm with modules?

Current Lab -
1 x 2621xm
2 x 7902
... and growing

edit: Oh! and I have a UC500 at work I can use with a large selection of voip phones, but I can't mix the equipment for obvious reasons.

Goal is CCNA Voice and maybe CVoice.
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Think the MC3810 is worth bothering with? It's my understanding the commands are supposed to be very different than a modern CME? Seems like I should be able to get one for under $100. Or should I just take the $100 and apply it toward another 2621xm with modules?

Current Lab -
    1 x 2621xm
    2 x 7902
    ... and growing

edit: Oh! and I have a UC500 at work I can use with a large selection of voip phones, but I can't mix the equipment for obvious reasons.

Goal is CCNA Voice and maybe CVoice.
    I can't speak for CVoice but I think an additional CME router would have more benefit.

Either a 26xxXM or a 1760 router which may be a bit more versatile when it comes to VWIC/VICs & DSPs.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    +1 for additional CME router (1760 or 26xxXM). The 3810s are nice for a PSTN cloud, or just to play around with analog voice port config. If you're patient enough, you can snag a loaded 3810 for $20-$30 on ebay. I wouldn’t pay any more than that though – The 2 that I have are loaded with both T1 & E1 voice interfaces, and they were like $25/each.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT