Options

Sound for a quiet room (HELP)!

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Moved into a new house, and I also have a baby daughter (this will make sense later).

In the bedroom I have a nice t.v. on the opposite wall as the headboard of the bed.

That same wall is the wall into my daughters room.

Typically the wife and I (usually ends up me because she crashes first) fall asleep with the Tube on. Often I am geeking out on the laptop, but I really enjoy having history or discovery on at the same time. Sure it is not the most efficient use of electricity, but for some reason I thrive on the combination.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of a very simple speaker or head phone system that would/could be used wireless so I could keep sound very close to me yet not disturb my sleeping daughter in the next room. Or even better maybe not even disturb my wife.

I would prefer to not ware head phones, but if that is the only known solution I am fine with that.

So really wanting something wireless if that is possible.

Thanks in advance!
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Ahhh i am all to familiar with situations like this. My fiancee was in med school when we first met and i had to wear headphones all the time so she can study. Now we work opposite shifts where i am up late and she sleeps at night, where again headphones have to be worn. They have wireless headphones and will most likely be your best bet.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    ULWiz wrote: »
    Ahhh i am all to familiar with situations like this. My fiancee was in med school when we first met and i had to wear headphones all the time so she can study. Now we work opposite shifts where i am up late and she sleeps at night, where again headphones have to be worn. They have wireless headphones and will most likely be your best bet.

Cool, but i was hoping for like a small set or single wireless speaker that i could put on my night stand...

That seems like it would be the best option.

That way if the baby cries I can still hear her!
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    there are a number of wireless speakers around. Look out for Bluetooth speakers. These should do what you want.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    None are cheap. Look at this creative interface designed for use with pc speakers. Should be fine with your TV

Newegg.com - Creative Xmod Wireless X-Fi Wireless Music System - Sound Card Accessories
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I know it's not what you're asking for, but I can assure you that if you stop using your laptop and watching TV in bed you'll sleep like a king. Cut the TV off in the living room, close the laptop lid, and use your bedroom for its intended purposes. When you watch TV and use a computer right before sleep it doesn't allow your mind to start winding down.

That or turn on captioning :D
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/