Passed 291 today :)

SupermiguelSupermiguel Member Posts: 122
So im an MCSA now :) woot woot :) i got 871 on the test...

i used cbt nuggets, exam crams book and this site :)

Comments

• steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • SupermiguelSupermiguel Member Posts: 122
    test in general was ok... simulations were difficult
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    So im an MCSA now :) woot woot :) i got 871 on the test...

i used cbt nuggets, exam crams book and this site :)

Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif

How beneficial do you think the cbt nuggets were in your preparation? I'm about to start studying for this exam, and I'm thinking about getting those. I just want to make sure they're worth the cost.
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
    pml1 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif

How beneficial do you think the cbt nuggets were in your preparation? I'm about to start studying for this exam, and I'm thinking about getting those. I just want to make sure they're worth the cost.

ummm they helped alot specially with the simulations... so i recommended it 100%
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats on the pass!
    ummm they helped alot specially with the simulations... so i recommended it 100%

I was afraid you'd say that! icon_wink.gif I guess that means I'll be spending the extra money. I expect this exam to be tough for me, as I have precious little hands on experience with the material. Thanks for the info!
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
    I was afraid you'd say that! icon_wink.gif I guess that means I'll be spending the extra money. I expect this exam to be tough for me, as I have precious little hands on experience with the material. Thanks for the info!

u have A+ and N+?
    u have A+ and N+?

No, I was studying the A+ material about 18 months ago, but I never took the exam. My employer was pushing me to pass 270, so I switched to Microsoft exams. I'll probably try to knock out N+ and Sec+ by the end of the year though.
    No, I was studying the A+ material about 18 months ago, but I never took the exam. My employer was pushing me to pass 270, so I switched to Microsoft exams. I'll probably try to knock out N+ and Sec+ by the end of the year though.

you know you need to be A+/N+ or S+ in order to be MCSA? well those qualify as an elective like if you just pass 291 now you are nothing... you need to take another MS test or A+/N+ or S+
    you know you need to be A+/N+ or S+ in order to be MCSA? well those qualify as an elective like if you just pass 291 now you are nothing... you need to take another MS test or A+/N+ or S+

Yeah, I'm going to take 70-299 and Sec+ after 291 to have MCSA:Security. :)
    Yeah, I'm going to take 70-299 and Sec+ after 291 to have MCSA:Security. :)

how hard/easy is that 299?
    how hard/easy is that 299?

Honestly, I haven't researched it much yet, but I'll find out after 291.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.