Options

security advice for ccent exam

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I'm working on my CCENT and I was reading on another forum about the security part of the exam topics. I'm just asking for advice and I'm not trying to get someone to break the NDA. Would you suggest for any SIM that I do the security parts even if it doesn't ask to implement security? Or should I just do what the questions ask? I've been studying soo long and I don't want to mess this test up.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just do what the questions ask. You won't get penalized for going above-and-beyond (you can error on the side of caution if you're unsure), but many people find this exam to be short on time, so you don't want to do too much unnecessary work.
  • Options
    hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Know basic router/switch configurations, console/vty line's, ssh over telnet, login over nologin, motd banners, switchport security.
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    dynamik wrote: »
    Just do what the questions ask. You won't get penalized for going above-and-beyond (you can error on the side of caution if you're unsure), but many people find this exam to be short on time, so you don't want to do too much unnecessary work.
    +1

Do what the question wants. You don't get extra credit.