Options

CNA Allumni

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Passed my CCNA1 class today, 84%. I really need to work on my subnetting... I feel I might have aced it if not for those, and some small mistakes on my hands on.

Comments

• Options
    StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the ICND1! Can you please post an example or two of the subnetting questions you had difficulty with.(be detailed) I'd like to see if I would be struggling or succeeding with them where I am in my current studies.
  • Options
    Oh, it wasn't ICND1 (at least I don't think so... :o )

They may give you a group of IP addresses /masks and ask which ones are valid host addresses.
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
  • Options
    I'm still a noob to Cisco certs. Is CCNA1 the CCNA? How do all these things break down? A link to something to help me understand is proabably best...or you can explain :)
  • Options
    its okay, No, CCNA1 2 3 and 4 are part of the Cisco Networking Academy program, mainly for colleges and other educational programs. Basically by the time a student has completed 1-4, they should be ready to take their CCNA exam. You can learn about CNA here: Cisco Networking Academy - Cisco Systems. we also have a thread about it that should still be around here.
  • Options
    was talking about this topic today. in school there was this guy who said he did cisco certification in high school. but with the level of detail i am going through now while studying i couldn't see how it was possible that he got his ccna. now that you mention that i think he only completed a few of those courses ( and now suddenly i remember him mentioning a 4 part course) and just bragged about it when it was all new to me. thanks for breaking it down for me!
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stuppored wrote: »
    was talking about this topic today. in school there was this guy who said he did cisco certification in high school. but with the level of detail i am going through now while studying i couldn't see how it was possible that he got his ccna. now that you mention that i think he only completed a few of those courses ( and now suddenly i remember him mentioning a 4 part course) and just bragged about it when it was all new to me. thanks for breaking it down for me!

It is one thing to learn but to use the material in practical work expierence is another. One thing about a Network Engineer is 85% of his or her work is troubleshooting. A exam can not really prepare you for this but only real work expierence. So let him brag but if you put in to practical use then you can brag :)
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Passed my CCNA1 class today, 84%. I really need to work on my subnetting... I feel I might have aced it if not for those, and some small mistakes on my hands on.

Congrats on passing your class! At least your making progress and forging ahead.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    All confusing! The CNA was Certified Novell Administrator back in the day and difficult to pass without **** or the class or the white book *obtained* from someone who did the class, but congrats anyway. I passed CNA back in 1999..without any of those things but took two goes! I have a nice certificate in the house someplace.