Options

Cisco 2621-DC Power Supply Swap

DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
Is it possible to replace the power supply in the Cisco 2621-DC with an AC power supply?

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't find anything in the document about installing an AC power supply into a 2621-DC.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    As long as you don't mix AC and DC power supplies in the same router (that allow redundant power supplies), there usually isn't a problem. And since the 2600 only has the single power supply, you shouldn't face that problem at all.

CableandKits had the 2500/2600/PIX515 power supplies for $5 or $6 -- not sure if that's a limited time special or if they are cleaning out inventory, but it was on their website in the last couple of days.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    As long as you don't mix AC and DC power supplies in the same router (that allow redundant power supplies), there usually isn't a problem. And since the 2600 only has the single power supply, you shouldn't face that problem at all.

CableandKits had the 2500/2600/PIX515 power supplies for $5 or $6 -- not sure if that's a limited time special or if they are cleaning out inventory, but it was on their website in the last couple of days.

I'll give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip on the low priced power supplies.

Note:

I have some 6509 switches in production with a DC and AC power supply in redundant mode. No problems at all.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    DPG wrote: »
    I have some 6509 switches in production with a DC and AC power supply in redundant mode. No problems at all.
    On the 6500s that is an allowed configuration.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Simple answer, yes.

They use a 47 watt p8 connector psu. The same psu can be found in the 2600, 2600xm, pix515, vg200, ids 4215 and probably a few other identical chassis devices.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    Thanks for the help.

I can confirm that it works as I performed the swap today without issue.