Options

MCP/MCSE/MCSA/MCITP - Be Heard - Wallet Card Survey!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Smashing birthday cakes? Hard to do that when you're giving out candy from a panel van in the parking lot ;)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hanging head in shame. His is better than mine. Must find a bigger basket of WIN next time icon_sad.gif
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    jovenlibrejovenlibre Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what is the result?
  • Options
    jovenlibrejovenlibre Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jovenlibre wrote: »
    No update?

I haven't heard anything about them coming back, and if nothing has happened in the two years since this thread was started, I would say that it is unlikely.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything about them coming back, and if nothing has happened in the two years since this thread was started, I would say that it is unlikely.

This thread was only started 3 months ago
  • Options
    qwertyiop wrote: »
    This thread was only started 3 months ago

Good point. I must have seen that someone joined in 2008 and that stuck in my head. Thanks for the correction.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Providing the template would be yet another MS learning fail.

Imagine how easy it would be for people to counterfeit the cards and use them at interviews.

Just wait for the first IT question and that card will mean nothing to the interviewer.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    chmorin wrote: »
    Just wait for the first IT question and that card will mean nothing to the interviewer.

How easy would it be for someone to say "I have my MCSE"

I have never been asked to prove any cert that I have, and from my understanding it is a pretty rare thing to be asked to prove, despite how easy it would be to share a transcript.

Maybe a card could be counterfeited, but that is still more secure than tusting what someone says.

Plus it should be fairly easy to spot a fake.
  • Options
    skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    I liked receiving mine, even if I just stored them away. Its the principle of the matter. It always bugged me when M$ got rid of them.

Boo M$!!! I say Boo to you...
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • Options
    skyline wrote: »
    Boo M$!!! I say Boo to you...

Way to go, you just made Microsoft cry. I hope you're happy.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Way to go, you just made Microsoft cry. I hope you're happy.

Um guys Microsoft announced last month that the cards are coming back. I posted it in another thread but I don't remember which one so here it is again
    Microsoft Certification Program Update
    Published Date: 05/20/2010
    Expiration Date: 06/30/2010
    Geography: Worldwide

You spoke, we listened: over the next few months we’ll introduce enhancements to the Microsoft Certification
    Program—all based on your feedback. Many of you have shared your opinions through our MCP satisfaction surveys.
    We’ve analyzed the data, read your comments, and prioritized several focus areas:
    Career Development
    The number one reason (according to our annual survey) why MCPs get certified: to advance their career. Whether
    you want to start a new career, advance your current one, or stay relevant for a future move, we want to help. We’ve
    already launched a new portal for IT managers with information and insights on the value of MCPs and tools to help
    find them. Coming soon, look for opportunities to network with employers, along with tools and resources to help you
    best position yourself to employers.
    MCP Pride
    We know you’re proud of your accomplishments—we are too, and we’re committed to making it easier for you to
    show off you certifications. We started by making it easier to order paper certificates: you can now use PayPal to pay
    for shipping and handling charges. Next up: You told us you miss your MCP wallet cards, so we’re bringing them
    back—details to come in a future MCP Flash.
    You also asked for a better selection of items in the MCP e-store, along
    with better shipping rates outside the U.S.— we’re working on that, too.
    Member Site
    Many of your comments focused on the look, features and content of our MCP Member site, and we’re already at
    work on making improvements. Over the next few months, look for new sections for career resources, event
    invitations, our survey results, and more.
    This isn’t the full list of what we’re working on, but it’s a start—please keep your suggestions coming by sharing
    them in our MCP Discussion Forum.
    We’re getting ready to send invitations for our next MCP satisfaction survey to a randomly selected group of MCPs.
    If you receive an invitation, please share your opinions. Your feedback—whether in surveys, blogs, forums, or
    events-- helps us shape the future of the MCP program, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Um guys Microsoft announced last month that the cards are coming back. I posted it in another thread but I don't remember which one so here it is again

Now that you've mentioned this, I do remember reading it before. I don't remember where though. Might have been an email.
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438

Awesome, I seem to have missed that but really pleased about the cards coming back, and the MCP store shipping outside the US for less than $60 icon_neutral.gif

I wanted to buy my mate and MCSE pen after he passed his exams.

Pen $2.99
    Shipping $61

Like WTF lol

My mate never got his pen. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mojo_666 wrote: »
    Awesome, I seem to have missed that but really pleased about the cards coming back, and the MCP store shipping outside the US for less than $60 icon_neutral.gif

I wanted to buy my mate and MCSE pen after he passed his exams.

Pen $2.99
    Shipping $61

Like WTF lol

My mate never got his pen. icon_rolleyes.gif

lol 60$ for shipping ? is it to Mars ? :D
  • Options
    za3bour wrote: »
    lol 60$ for shipping ? is it to Mars ? :D

lol nah to the UK, and that was with USPS aswell, if you had wanted to use a coruier and actually get the item in lesst than 6 weeks were you were talking double that.
  • Options
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    I voted "very unimportant" because I think wallet cards are retarded. I don't have any MS certs but does that really matter?

It as actually very handy when you need to know your MCP ID, mine is a little worn now and I would like it replaced.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    So, will they send me cards for the pile of certs i got while the cards were discontinued?
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    So, will they send me cards for the pile of certs i got while the cards were discontinued?

I am guessing not, I reckon you will have to order (and pay for them) like you do for the certs.
  • Options
    jyrki.arpiainenjyrki.arpiainen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□

NICE!

They got that wallet cards back survey but i just found it and of course it was closed long time by now.
    I had my MCSA card automatically and was kinda disappointed when after finalizing MCSE there came nothing in snail mail..

And MCSE was that 'big thing' which took years to study and complete. Sure i want wallet card.

I'll take a tattoo of it too! ;)