Options

Sharepoint Issue

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Hi Robert!!

I have an issue with my Document Control Workflow, whereby when the Initial Reviewer clicks on the Complete Task Button the workflow does not initiate the next actions? I am using WSSv3 with sharepoint Designer 2007. I am following the series of videos on an MS Website explaining how to build a Document Control Workflow, i have the user upload a doc, fill in the required fiels and start the workflow, the doc owner and other reviewers receive an email stating the workflow has started, the initial review is sent a task, of which they complete and the history states that the workflow has completed, BUT, it does not continue onto the other actions. Have you seen or heard of this before? Can you shed some light on this to where i can possibly look for clues? Any help would be very welcome.

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What are the other actions and how are they triggered?

I came accross an issue recently where if the workflow was done in SPD and the user starting the workflow was not a site owner the workflow would fail if one of its steps was to create an item in another library. IE a forklift inspection form work flow tried to create a maintenance request in the maintenance request librabry.

Give me an outline like this:
    1st STEP Condition
      *action 1
      *action 2
    2nd sStep Condition
      * action 1
    WORKFLOW FAILS OR DOES NOT CONTINUE
      * action 2
      * action 3

Also, if you wan to do a remote session some time it might be easier if I can physically see what we are talking about.
  • Options
    i would love to do a remote session with you. I am using Team Viewer for remote sessions. I am @ home for the weekend now, so name a time when your available.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    billybob01 wrote: »
    i would love to do a remote session with you. I am using Team Viewer for remote sessions. I am @ home for the weekend now, so name a time when your available.

I'm -5 GMT (EST). Shoot me an email and we can figure something out. It's almost 1:00 PM right now. 2:30 PM would be super. I use TeamViewer as well. It's good stuff.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I like how he just went ahead and addressed Mr. Kaucher by name. :D
  • Options
    lol, as if it could be anyone else!!! :)