Options

Commodore 64 making a comeback

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cool, genY can now discover the awesomeness of the '80s. icon_smile.gif Hopefully permed mullets and bubble skirts are just around the corner.

Incidentally, I see a lot of teens wearing Max Headroom style sunglasses these days.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I suprised, I actualy think this looks quite good, and deficiently a space saver.. wonder how much it will be?

I cut my computer teeth on a comodore 64, that tape drive was the best. start loading, go have tea and come back to it having failed and starting again... :)

I don't do gameing or anything like that so yer one of these would look great on my desk :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Eh... I'm not really into Pokemon.

xkcd: Not Really Into Pokemon
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    DVD-RW? 64 bit processor? It's not a true Commodore 64, what's the point?
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Incidentally, I see a lot of teens wearing Max Headroom style sunglasses these days.

Correction, Kanye West sunglasses. :)

They probably have no clue who Max Headroom is.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DVD-RW? 64 bit processor? It's not a true Commodore 64, what's the point?

My real commodore 64, sits in a draw unused, and its not much use for anything much these days.

Things like this are neither meant to emulate the original, or replace the original.

My current PC sits in the middle of the sitting room looking ugly, I don't do gaming, I just need a PC for working on, And its a bonus if it looks nice. Done the custoume cases and doing that is all getting a bit old for me now.

So for some one who wants a decent looking (for ones own taste ), bit of a retro look, and a PC that does every thing a modem PC should do, why not.

Like I say I would rather have that sitting in the room, than a dirty big square grey/black box.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    GrayhenTorGrayhenTor Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Was there a Commodore 64 on there somewhere? lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    GrayhenTorGrayhenTor Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :)
    I think so, but I'm gonna have another look just to make sure...
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wait, SodaStream isn't cool anymore?
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Sounds cool to me, in sort of a Mac Mini kinda way.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "During the same panel, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak said that he and Steve Jobs approached Commodore with an Apple II prototype, which was much more advanced in color, graphics, sound and games. Apple at the time didn't have the money to make and sell the Apple II, and was hoping Commodore would push the design to market. Commodore, however, preferred to develop the Commodore 64 as a simpler, lower-cost, black-and-white-only machine."

Does anyone ever check their facts anymore? The C64 was light years ahead of anything else on the market, even successors up until the jump to 16 bit, for sound and graphics. And games? Almost 30 years later and they still can't do them.
    So not only do they print a claim that the Apple II (of all machines, all greenscreen and beeps from what I remember) was more advanced but also that the C64 was B&W only...it had 16 colours FFS....16 beautiful wonderous colours!!...(well we loved them then)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?