Taking Net+ ASAP

zedronzedron Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I plan on taking the exam as soon as I feel that I am ready, which I hope is within a few days or so. My main question is how the exam is laid out. Is it pretty straight forward or are there questions that seem to be way out in left field? Another one relates to subnetting. Do they give a particular scenario and you have to decide which CIDR it is using or will use etc, etc. or do they just want you to know why/when/how to subnet a network? I ask this because it is mainly the only thing I am having a problem with getting down to where I feel confident enough to take the exam. I just cant get the CIDRs down!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE
    Check out the objectives for the exam. If I remember correctly they expect you to be able to know what addresses are in each class. You should also know the private, APIPA, and loopback addresses.
    Can't be specific here about what was on exam due to non disclosure agreement.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • zedronzedron Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Welcome to TE
    Check out the objectives for the exam. If I remember correctly they expect you to be able to know what addresses are in each class. You should also know the private, APIPA, and loopback addresses.
    Can't be specific here about what was on exam due to non disclosure agreement.

Thanks for the assistance.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Welcome Zedron,

Objectives are the place to begin.

Always use a couple sources. The NET+ Technotes PDF on this site receive numerous comments of support in their usefulness.

Also consider Sybex and/or Meyers texts in this area too.

The NET+ is geared toward candidates with experience, and that goes for all the certs. Text reading alone will not make one 'ready', and if this is your career you'll want to have all the mix of experience and resources available to you.

Good luck and post questions in the forum when/if you find something you need clarification.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • zedronzedron Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed today with a 834. I was getting all flustered for no reason. It was pretty straight forward with a few WTFs here and there.
  • NetEngineer86NetEngineer86 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I sent you a message, i have my NET+ on Friday. Hopefully going to blow it outta the water, I have extensive Network knowledge and only missed the CCNA literally by one question. I know this is more a Broad Networking exam and objectives seems pretty straight forward. But theres always that feeling in the pit of your stomach that your ill prepared.. Any help would be great. Ive been doing the NET+ CBT NUGGETS, and reading the entire Mike Meyers Passport Net+ Third Edition. Seems pretty nice.
    Kyle Hook
    AAS Computer Network Engineer
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]