Options

LDAP...where should I start?

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Alright, I am interviewing for a job next month as a Windows system admin. Not too scared of anything on their list of skills except they mention they need someone who knows LDAP. I know enough LDAP to pass the MCSE and have written a couple queries to setup directory synching of various services (Postini/Webroot). It seems they have home tool to sync accounts to a number of systems. I though I should do some studying ahead... any book recommendation for someone who is LDAP dumb?
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I would be as much or more concerned with exactly what they are using to sync the accounts.

ILM? Penrose? Quest ActiveRoles?
  • Options
    I actually asked that very question, and my friend over there said they have a bunch of in house tools. So I am not sure what any of this means. He just asked me to brush up for the interview and didn't seem to have anymore details. 99% of the LDAP I do comes straight from google. I think i'll just be honest that I get it's purpose but dont remember all the commands.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Given what you've said about your experiences and your guys reportings I'd say you should be ok. You know the concepts and have done some work in the area you should be fine.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Oh! Never followed up on this thead. I was offered the job but I turned it down. It was a contract gig which i had a bad feeling about. They also wanted me to work more with *Nix than I felt comfortable with.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    oh well no harm done and good practice for the next one. I keep saying interviews are a two way process keep in mind your interviewing them just as much they are you icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)