Options

New to A+

SpoonieSpoonie Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I'm planning to get started studying for A+ very soon. I just want to know if there will be any simulations, simlets, or drag and drop questions in addition to the M/C for the 2 exams that must be taken to get certified or is it purely just MC?

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    From my experience there will just be multiple choice and single questions.
    Usually they'll tell you how many to select for MC.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What books are you using? It's a good idea to use more than 1 resource. Mike Meyers books are usually good and I've been hearing good things about the exam cram book for the A+
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    What books are you using? It's a good idea to use more than 1 resource. Mike Meyers books are usually good and I've been hearing good things about the exam cram book for the A+

Thanks for the replies.
    I'm planning to use the Exam Cram book.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The exam cram is good and may even suffice for the exam (if you have experience). Most peolple go with a thick book (like meyers for the depth) and a thinner book (exam cram) to simplify things.

Edit: didn't notice CCNA exam cram should prob suffice.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    The exam cram is good and may even suffice for the exam (if you have experience). Most peolple go with a thick book (like meyers for the depth) and a thinner book (exam cram) to simplify things.

Edit: didn't notice CCNA exam cram should prob suffice.

Yeah, once i finish the Exam Cram book, I might pick up another book to solidify my understanding in areas I think I'm weak in but I'll wait and see how I feel.

Can anyone recommend on a video training material? I was looking at CBT Nuggets which helped me greatly in my CCNA training but it seems they will have the new A+ exam material out in late October of this year.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Spoonie wrote: »
    Yeah, once i finish the Exam Cram book, I might pick up another book to solidify my understanding in areas I think I'm weak in but I'll wait and see how I feel.

Can anyone recommend on a video training material? I was looking at CBT Nuggets which helped me greatly in my CCNA training but it seems they will have the new A+ exam material out in late October of this year.

Hello, spoonie
    I recommend Testout for the A+, I have been using them for my A+ certification studies. I feel more confident after watching their CBTs, that I will pass my test. Here is the link.. A+ Certification: Online Training for A+ Certification
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    nx1nonx1no Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used CBT nuggets videos for my A+ preparation, because things tend to stick more for me when recited rather than me reading on my own. Videos or books are your preference, though, I'd recommend CBT nuggets.

I used exam cram just to get a feel for practice questions, and the wording that would be used on the A+ exam itself. It proved to be a tremendous help during my studies.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    pgp01pgp01 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, spoonie
    I recommend Testout for the A+, I have been using them for my A+ certification studies. I feel more confident after watching their CBTs, that I will pass my test. Here is the link.. A+ Certification: Online Training for A+ Certification

I was looking at the Testout site also. Is it only an online resource or do you get DVD's , books, study guides mailed to you?
  • Options
    NetEngineer86NetEngineer86 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wish you the best of luck.. Youll do fine its not a bad test at ALL!! Dont forget that as long as you certify with A+ SEC+ or NET+ by December 31st of this year you got lifetime certs with NO recertify needed. Starting January 11 2011 they are only good for three years and you have to recert. "makes sense to get all your Comptia's done by the end of the year.. just a tip to anyone out there
    Kyle Hook
    AAS Computer Network Engineer
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    The Meyers book is the most comprehensive book. You will learn quite abit.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    pgp01 wrote: »
    I was looking at the Testout site also. Is it only an online resource or do you get DVD's , books, study guides mailed to you?
    Volunteer for projects at work
    I believe that you can only download the products from the website. You download the testout video player, and you get an activation product code that you can use to activate your purchased video. The videos do come with study notes and study questions that are posed to the user before each video starts. I included a FAQ link to help with some of the questions you might have. TestOut FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor