Options

Top 10 Skills in Demand in 2010

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
Top 10 Skills in Demand in 2010

Get your CCNP, CCSP , CCIP, and ITIL certs for 2010 -2011 icon_smile.gif oh lets not forget the juniper ones as well icon_wink.gif
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Well woooweee it mentions MCTS/MCITP multiple times.

Maybe just maybe they will start beign recognized as they should be.

The ITIL/Six Sigma/Karate Kid stuff is in and out of fashion faster than clothes.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    The ITIL/Six Sigma/Karate Kid stuff is in and out of fashion faster than clothes.

Yeah, that's why it's hard to be in business as "just an ITIL guy" or "just a Six Sigma guy". You pretty much have to collect those certs (and degrees) like Pokemon cards because no matter what credential you hold, there's always some knucklehead that holds 1 more than you do...

The trick is to get into the parts of these areas that are tightly controlled. E.g, anyone can become an "ITIL Expert", but almost no one can be accredited as a trainer...

MS
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I meet 5 out of 10, guess Im safe for another year :)
  • Options
    poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well woooweee it mentions MCTS/MCITP multiple times.

Maybe just maybe they will start beign recognized as they should be.

u mean ITIL is probably last for a year?? if true I would save my money. cuz I see tons of job asking for ITIL cert all of sudden.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    poguy wrote: »
    u mean ITIL is probably last for a year?? if true I would save my money. cuz I see tons of job asking for ITIL cert all of sudden.

The business analytics/processes stuff is typically nothing more than a fad that dies or changes quickly.

I've seem some companies have managers who love ITIL and start the ball rolling on being 100% compliant with all the ITIL jazz, and then that manager leaves a couple months later and the new guy scraps it for some other variation of the same thing.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have seen more companies wanting business analysis than anything else.
  • Options
    The business analytics/processes stuff is typically nothing more than a fad that dies or changes quickly.

I've seem some companies have managers who love ITIL and start the ball rolling on being 100% compliant with all the ITIL jazz, and then that manager leaves a couple months later and the new guy scraps it for some other variation of the same thing.

I've been doing ITIL-related work for the better part of a decade. At the higher levels in the certification program it is definitely more of a consultant-oriented thing, but there seems to never be a lack of people/organizations wanting some aspect of it. In fairness I keep many irons in the fire/capabilities active to minimize my exposure to fads.

MS
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    knwminus wrote: »
    I have seen more companies wanting business analysis then anything else.

Yes, and the money is on the business side of things. I like technical work, but we've seen higher-level work like IT audits and risk assessments skyrocket over more technical tasks, such as pen tests.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am glad I am in security. My "plan" for the next six months besides study for the CISA I am taking in June (yawn) is focusing on practicing using some open source security tools like Sleuthkit and Snort
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Yes, and the money is on the business side of things. I like technical work, but we've seen higher-level work like IT audits and risk assessments skyrocket over more technical tasks, such as pen tests.

CBAP is a hot cert right now, but it requires quite a bit of BA experience to get it.

International Institute of Business Analysis | Resource Center

MS
  • Options
    poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    I have seen more companies wanting business analysis than anything else.
    I know, how to get to business analysis, I was trying to get it?