Passed QoS

Well, I passed QoS today with an 869 after about 2 months of studying (after the ONT). So, part of it was a refresher from the ONT, but the course overall goes into a lot more depth on most of the subjects. I used the Certification guide by Odom (read it 2x), and CBTNuggets. They complemented each other nicely. Overall the exam was difficult, but not unmanageable. I finished with about 15 minutes left, and only had a few wtf moments (but I am almost certain the "wtf" questions were some of the ungraded ones). I had fun with this one though, and am definately glad that I did it. I guess I will take a look at BGP next.

Comments

• ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Congrats!

Consider the composite instead of taking BGP and MPLS separately.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    congrats, its a tricky little number that one icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Ya I am considering the composite. I think these two topics though, are going to take me a while to study through. I took your advice in another thread as well, and picked up those 3 BGP books. Right now I am watching Jeremy's videos on BGP in his CCIE nuggets (I still had some days left on my streaming subscription). They are a pretty good refresher from the NP material. I am pretty excited about the IP topics, I think these are two of the cooler technologies out there.
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    For BGP/MPLS vids, check out the INE SP CODs, I used those a ton when studying for the composite.
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    which books did you use to voer teh QoS exam? I'm making a shopping list. I plan on hitting IP after NP.
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
    I used odoms book (best cisco book I have read to date), and I purchased the streaming subscription to cbtnuggets to watch the ccie qos videos. Those two along with the ont lab portfolio worked very well.
    I've got the streamng nuggets also. Is this the Odom book you are referring to?
    Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide (IP Telephony Self-Study), 2nd Edition
    well enough.
    qplayed wrote: »
    I've got the streamng nuggets also. Is this the Odom book you are referring to?
    Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide (IP Telephony Self-Study), 2nd Edition

yep, that be the one. Its really a good read.
    thanks! its in the shopping cart ;)
    well enough.