Scored on the first half of the A+

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Took the A+ Essentials today and scored an 825! Just have to take the other half tomorrow afternoon. All in all I was impressed by the non-archaic questions asked. It seems to be up to date with the current technologies.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey!! Thats great! I'm sure you'll do good on the second part.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • ALfromSTLALfromSTL Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome score! The 702 is just a little tougher but with an 896 on the 701, you should have no trouble...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ALfromSTL wrote: »
    Awesome score! The 702 is just a little tougher but with an 896 on the 701, you should have no trouble...

How is the test a little tougher?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Took the A+ Essentials today and scored an 896! Just have to take the other half tomorrow afternoon. All in all I was impressed by the non-archaic questions asked. It seems to be up to date with the current technologies.

Congrats. I don't know why but I always assumed you had the A+ lol. Good lucj but I am sure you won't need it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Great score. Good luck tomorrow on the 702.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    :DCongrats on your score!!!!!!!! I am sure you'll be fine tomorrow.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Took the A+ Essentials today and scored an 825! Just have to take the other half tomorrow afternoon. All in all I was impressed by the non-archaic questions asked. It seems to be up to date with the current technologies.

Congrats on the pass!!! What study methods and materials did you use to pass the exam? I have been using one of your methods of writing down the questions you get wrong on a note card, and writing the answer on the back. I will be taking my 701 on April 19th.
    Here is what I have been doing:
    Read most of the Sybex A+ complete advice
    And I’m still reading the Exam Cram.
    Making note cards and answer questions off the A+ exam cram study guide.
    Went through the exam cram test and wrote down all the questions I got wrong, and repeated the test until I got 90%..this seemed to help
    • Currently I have been watching testout A+701 videos and I am going through the 303 Measureup questions for the 701, and I write down the ones I get wrong, and review them. Also I take notes while watching the testout videos.
    I’m asking for your advice, because you always do well on your exams, and get a higher than passing score. Also, you’re in college like me, so you know that it can be difficult to study for certifications while in college.
    Thanks in advance for your advice
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    That is the method I have been using. I am sure you will do fine on the exam. It's really not that bad.
    How is the test a little tougher?

Oops, sorry about the misquoted score. 825 is still awesome.

I thought the 702 was a little more in depth, but still not difficult. In hindsight, I would have gone over the differences between XP and Vista a little more..
    ALfromSTL wrote: »
    Oops, sorry about the misquoted score. 825 is still awesome.

Actually that was my fault...
    I thought the 702 was a little more in depth, but still not difficult. In hindsight, I would have gone over the differences between XP and Vista a little more..

Yeah, I don't even use Vista so that frustrates me just a little...
    Well the A+ has now been captured. I scored an 805 which wasn't as high I hoped for. Oh well, a pass is still a pass as they say!
    Well the A+ has now been captured. I scored an 805 which wasn't as high I hoped for. Oh well, a pass is still a pass as they say!

Damn straight.. Congrats on the new cert!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz, I knew you would pass!! :D
    Congratz, I knew you would pass!! :D

Now it's time for you to hurry up and get that CCNA done... icon_wink.gif
  • NetEngineer86NetEngineer86 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great Job!!
    Kyle Hook
    AAS Computer Network Engineer
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I knew you would pass the test!! Congratulations!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    Booooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

j/k

Congrats on the pass. For some reason, I thought you had your A+, even though you told me you didn't. lol
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • GaberGaber Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done. I took both of these today and thankfully passed :) Found certain things in the practical (702) test a bit harder and my score reflected as such from the 701 test. Still happy with the pass. Now, on to 70-291 or Security+... think I'll decide tomorrow :D
    Gaber wrote: »
    Well done. I took both of these today and thankfully passed :) Found certain things in the practical (702) test a bit harder and my score reflected as such from the 701 test. Still happy with the pass. Now, on to 70-291 or Security+... think I'll decide tomorrow :D

Thanks, and congratz to you as well!
  • nx1nonx1no Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry I'm a little late, haven't been on the forums in a few days icon_sad.gif

Congrats on the pass! I, too, thought you already had A+. It was for sure in your sig before.