Options

Relocation

jsolarijsolari Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I am in the interview process for a job that pays relocation. I have never been paid relocation and was wondering if anyone has any experiance on how they pay this to you

just wondering.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I had relocation paid for my current job. They gave a set amount that was detailed in the offer letter and was paid as reimbursement after the fact. Not sure if this is the way its always done, but whatever happens make sure you get it in writing.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just make sure you find an apartment that will let you rent for a short lease (either month to month or six months at the longest). If you're trying to buy a house or condo you don't want to be locked up in a long-term renters agreement.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    I had relocation paid for my current job. They gave a set amount that was detailed in the offer letter and was paid as reimbursement after the fact. Not sure if this is the way its always done, but whatever happens make sure you get it in writing.
    +1 get it in writing for sure!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They just put it on my first check.
  • Options
    Sanis4lifeSanis4life Banned Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jsolari wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I am in the interview process for a job that pays relocation. I have never been paid relocation and was wondering if anyone has any experiance on how they pay this to you

just wondering.

Thanks.

Make sure your relocation covers your hotel expenses while you are looking for a new place. My relocation covered hotel, but not a rental car.