Options

Tools for Producing CBTs

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I just wanted to share some tools I use for presentations and producing CBTs. I hope some others might share more free tools!

Wii Mote White Board tool.
Johnny Chung Lee - Projects - Wii

Online whiteboard drawing System.
Dabbleboard - Online whiteboard for drawing & team collaboration - Interactive whiteboard software

Record screen and annotate.
CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software

Zoom and draw.
ZoomIt

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I've typically used Camtasia and Sony Vegas Movie Studio, though these are not free.

I think CamStudio is intended as a FOSS alternative to Camtasia.
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Hyper....

Where is them 70-680 CBT videos you are supposed to be making? icon_cool.gif I'm waiting :D
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    I was going to do 70-686, not 680 ;)

I may still do them. I've been really busy ever since I had the thoughts on doing it. What I NEED to do is make a sample video and see how everyone likes it, and go from there.
  • Options
    He's far too busy making female recruiters cry...

I could use a 686 refresh myself.
  • Options
    Keep in mind it would be heavy on creating,servicing and deploying Windows 7 images using WDS/ImageX/DISM/WinPE 3.0 and probably some quick overview of MDT 2010.

Other than that the 686 is mostly design and "what ifs" and doesnt require an in depth look at SCCM.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I've typically used Camtasia and Sony Vegas Movie Studio, though these are not free.

I think CamStudio is intended as a FOSS alternative to Camtasia.
    Another free option is Microsoft Expression Encoder:
    Download details: Expression Encoder 3
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    While we are on the subject of MS. Have you guys tried their tool called LCDS?
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218

Thanks for posting this Robert.

I just dl'd and gave it a spin, it is nice. I had one problem...when you convert AVI to SWF, it makes a .swf and a .html file. In order for the swf to play, it has to be started in the same directory.

How can you produce a SWF or some other format that would not require the accompanying .html...say if I could make the video and wanted to email it or something?
  • Options
    brad- wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this Robert.

I just dl'd and gave it a spin, it is nice. I had one problem...when you convert AVI to SWF, it makes a .swf and a .html file. In order for the swf to play, it has to be started in the same directory.

How can you produce a SWF or some other format that would not require the accompanying .html...say if I could make the video and wanted to email it or something?

I think the SWF would have to be converted to FLV.

.SWF to .FLV Converter, Free download to convert .SWF to .FLV, SWF to Video.
  • Options
    While we are on the subject of MS. Have you guys tried their tool called LCDS?

I looked at it somewhat, and started building a couple courses for my last job before I quit.

It seems like a neat tool.
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up;)
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup: