vue.com

super22super22 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I think I am ready to take the ICND1 test so I tried to register on vue.com but in the registration it ask me for my company. Can i skip this and just put N/A? will there be any complications against the company I work for If I do not identify them. The reason is I am taking this test for myself hehe simple as that. thanks:D

Comments

• notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    I'd think you can leave it blank or NA. The certifications belong to you, not your company.....

Companies can apply your certification for credit if they are a reseller but that's a different story....
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The company field isn't required. As long as you're not paying for your exams with a company credit card or using your work address as your contact address you should be fine.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • super22super22 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    alright!!! thanks for the feedback!
    one more question...can I pay for the test using only vouchers?
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    super22 wrote: »
    one more question...can I pay for the test using only vouchers?

Where did you get vouchers? I'd like one as well. :D
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's been a while, but I think there's only one spot for A voucher code. So if the voucher covers the cost of the entire exam, sure.

The only voucher I've ever used was the CCNA Network Academy Voucher and that was good for 1/2 off (or maybe 2/3) an exam.

If you look over in the left margin
    <
    you'll find a link to Exam Vouchers. You can buy a voucher that will save you a few bucks off the cost of the exam and have about 5 months to use it.

If you buy a voucher that is expiring soon, you'll save even more -- but you have to be ready to take the exam by the expiration date on the voucher. I don't see any Cisco vouchers in the Clearance section right now.

I think there are also Voucher/Practice Exam bundles which cost more than the exam -- but less than the combined prices of the exam and practice tests.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    oh ok thanks guys I was just curious
    can I schedule my exams the next day?

lets say today is May 1, 2010 I go to vue.com and schedule for May 2, 2010 is that allowed?
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    can I schedule my exams the next day?

lets say today is May 1, 2010 I go to vue.com and schedule for May 2, 2010 is that allowed?

I scheduled my test with pearson vue, on Tuesday night for this Thursday (today) and I could have scheduled it for the next day. So if the facility you are looking at has an open slot for the day and time, the answer is Yes.
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
    I scheduled my test with pearson vue, on Tuesday night for this Thursday (today) and I could have scheduled it for the next day. So if the facility you are looking at has an open slot for the day and time, the answer is Yes.

ah good because i need to retake the icnd1 examicon_sad.gif i failed and whats frustrating is that my score was 803 and passing was 804allout.gif

anyway thanks for the info ill definitely nail it the second time:D
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ah good because i need to retake the icnd1 examicon_sad.gif i failed and whats frustrating is that my score was 803 and passing was 804allout.gif

I believe there is a 5 day wait before you next test date if you fail an exam.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chmorin wrote: »
    I believe there is a 5 day wait before you next test date if you fail an exam.

There is, I hope he didn't read into my statement and buy a voucher!

I was just confirming that VUE has the capacity to schedule a test for the next day ~ online.

It turned out when I took my exam today (less than two full days after booking it online) that I wasn't in the system when I arrived. The receptionist had to contact VUE and have them reload it so she could download/update her system software before I appeared in the system.

So that could always happen if you don't put enough time in between when you purchase the test and when you schedule it. It was kind of nerve racking, but it took a little longer than I expected to get into the exam room.
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□

I got the same score. I'm sure you can pass, just go off the print off and study that material.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****