"I just Binged it"....

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
So last night my wife was watching a show on TV and I happened to walk into the room as I heard an actress say the following phrase "I just Binged it..."

Next was a flash on browser pages and the person finding exactly what she needed.

I have nothing against Microsoft or them getting into the search engine market, but the blatant product placement just made me throw up a little.
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Show was prob sponsored by Windows 7 (MS). I've actually been using Bing more lately. It especially works better than google if you're searching for anything MS related.
    Googling something has become so widely used I say I googled something no matter what search engine I've used.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I hate product placement....

The only real use I have for Bing is searching for maps. It works especially well for satellite images that are more clear, and newer than Google.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Anyone remember microsoft virtual earth?

It beat google to the satellite imagery thing by years, but it wasnt as complete or as robust as googles was.
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Hmm, someone was watching Vampire Dairies I take it? My wife loves that show, so I am victimized to listen to it (usually a great study time for me).

When I heard her say that I just laughed.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    Hmm, someone was watching Vampire Dairies I take it? My wife loves that show, so I am victimized to listen to it (usually a great study time for me).

I have the two hour block of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice to work on my lab or do practice questions.
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I have the two hour block of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice to work on my lab or do practice questions.

Gotta love American Idol for that! Usually chews up 2 hours two nights in a row :D
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    "I just binged it"

When I read that I don't think of Bing, I think of someone hitting the buffet and totally binging.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    Gotta love American Idol for that! Usually chews up 2 hours two nights in a row :D

O man, I miss those days. My wife stopped watching American Idol last season. Maybe she'll pick up another show that I don't find interesting soon.
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mine watches biggest loser so Tuesday nights are free. Monday nights are free when ABC has bachelor or bachelorette.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460

LOL, yup, you nailed it, she was watching Vampire Dairies last night.

-Bender
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hate product placement....

Some shows definitely handle it better than others. In this case, though, it sounds like something that would make me throw up a little after hearing it.

Chuck handles their Subway plugs pretty well...they're obvious, but fairly tongue in cheek. The Dell servers and racks look nice, too. Luckily, the Dell brand doesn't get mentioned by the characters.

Psych has handled a few product placements fairly well, too.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    bwcarty wrote: »
    Psych has handled a few product placements fairly well, too.

Yeah but if the entire show is crap, the product placement means nothing.icon_lol.gif
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    And, uh... use the search engine that goes...

BING!

Ping.jpg
    Good luck to all!
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    earweed wrote: »
    Show was prob sponsored by Windows 7 (MS). I've actually been using Bing more lately. It especially works better than google if you're searching for anything MS related.
    Googling something has become so widely used I say I googled something no matter what search engine I've used.
    Imagine that! icon_lol.gif
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I can usually find my results with any of the major search engines, I'm more interested in how I can filter those results. Google hacks works really well for me.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    So last night my wife was watching a show on TV and I happened to walk into the room as I heard an actress say the following phrase "I just Binged it..."

Next was a flash on browser pages and the person finding exactly what she needed.

I have nothing against Microsoft or them getting into the search engine market, but the blatant product placement just made me throw up a little.

This post brought to you by Pepsi.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I watch 30 Rock just for the Cisco product placements -- beats reading the boring sales blurbs and data sheets on the Cisco website.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I watch 30 Rock just for the Cisco product placements -- beats reading the boring sales blurbs and data sheets on the Cisco website.

haha, I've heard about those product placements in 30 rock. Never seen the show myself but the Cisco product placements are supposed to be legendary!

-Bender