Options

Passed NETWORK+ exam

NetEngineer86NetEngineer86 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Went in there today nervous as you know what, and blew it outta the water on the first try. 835 outta 900. Not bad considering I thought I had blown it...Work hard Study hard cause it really does pay off!!!
Kyle Hook
AAS Computer Network Engineer
www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    congrats
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz!! Every time I have taken a cert exam I always feel like the possibility that I've failed. Those few seconds where the screen just says "GRADING" takes for ever.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I know right, i had to take that survey after the test today and i was like cmon man give me the fail grade..lol talk about having faith in yourself. But the "before the cert butterflies" are the worst for sure. When my Fiancee took her RegisteredNurse Boards test through PearsonVue she was throwing up in a ziplock bag on the way there while still studying..lol Pretty Crazy
    Kyle Hook
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Congrats on the pass!! CCNA next?
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
    Next is Security+ Which i plan on having by May then CCNA will be done in June. Just want to finish all my Comptia's first because there still lifetime Certs if you get them by December 31, 2010. :)
    Kyle Hook
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Next is Security+ Which i plan on having by May then CCNA will be done in June. Just want to finish all my Comptia's first because there still lifetime Certs if you get them by December 31, 2010. :)
    I just got my Sec+. Scored 855/900
    Used the Sybex book and labsim LabSim - Online Labs for Security+
    don't know what their prices are as I get mine through WGU. If your a student you may be able to get a student discount.

I also hear Darril Gibson's book is an excellent resource. It's called Sec+: Get certified, Get Ahead
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Ill check em out, I am a student still, but im also sticking with my trustee Security+ Mike Meyers Passports. Thats what i used on the Net+. But im known to use a plethera of info. hehe
    Kyle Hook
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I had mike meyers videos for A+ and Net+ but a different guy did the Sec+ videos. A lot of people from WGU have been scoring real high lately (my score is below average according to my calculations) using labsim and the sybex book.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awsome!!! I knew you would pass :)
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Thanks James, I can honestly say this site is like a new family to me!! Because its all people in love with the same thing as everyone else. Everyone genuinely cares about each other and their success. Its just great!! Ill be coming to this site and giving back for a very LONG long time. :)
    Kyle Hook
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nx1nonx1no Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

The worst part are those 15 questions at the end man, I don't even remember what I clicked for those. Then, I kinda peeked through my hand to see what the screen said, heh.

Again, congrats! I'm studying for my network+ now, hopefully I'll do just as well as you.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Went in there today nervous as you know what, and blew it outta the water on the first try. 835 outta 900. Not bad considering I thought I had blown it...Work hard Study hard cause it really does pay off!!!

Congrats. We aren't that far from each other ( I am in the DYT).
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology