Options

To those who have taken the CCIE Lab in RTP, NC

CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
I have a quick question for you guys.

The lab ends at 4pm. Do you think it's possible to catch a return flight at 6pm at RDU?
To my understanding the Airport is about 5 miles away. Will that be cutting it too close?

Thoughts...

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    On American Airlines I've "checked in" and gotten my boarding pass for my return flight the next day from the eTicket machine. You can check in up to 24 hours before your flight, so I'd get it before I left the terminal.

As long as you just have a carry on bag you should be fine since I remember the ticket lines being crazy. Not sure if they had/have curbside baggage check in.

American Airlines also had the "express line" to get through security if you're flying first class -- but I haven't been there lately. And the regular security lines there were never really that bad or slow.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    EMcCalebEMcCaleb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a quick question for you guys.

The lab ends at 4pm. Do you think it's possible to catch a return flight at 6pm at RDU?
    To my understanding the Airport is about 5 miles away. Will that be cutting it too close?

Thoughts...

Yes, it's very possible. In fact, I've seen people take the hotel shuttle to the lab with their luggage in tow. Then go straight to the airport afterwards.
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    But do you really want to be worrying about your flight during a Lab?
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    thanks for the responses. I don't think its going to be a problem. And no, I will not worry about a flight, that will be the least of my fears. I will be to busy worrying about regular expressions :]