maybe in a two weeks

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
So I'm thinking of taking the CCENT in about two weeks because I'll have more money and I've been studying since September of 09. There are a few things that I need to go over such as ATM/Frame Relay, Wireless and switching but I think I'm good. I practice subnetting and on a good day I won't have any problems. I also do labs over and over using just about everything I know.

I usually don't schedule the exam and I just go in and take the exam. I know the blueprint talks about using SDM. Would I expect it to be simulated or written out for a question?? I've played around with SDM for a few minutes. I do have a problem with the network diagrams that are on the Boson practice test. The problem is usually with the ip addressing because some masks are missing. Would that be a problem for me on the test if I have to guess the mask for an ip address?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are a few things that I need to go over such as ATM/Frame Relay, Wireless and switching but I think I'm good. I practice subnetting and on a good day I won't have any problems. I also do labs over and over using just about everything I know.

If you feel comfortable with the material, go ahead and schedule the exam.
    I do have a problem with the network diagrams that are on the Boson practice test. The problem is usually with the ip addressing because some masks are missing. Would that be a problem for me on the test if I have to guess the mask for an ip address

The question might be trying to get you to focus your attention on a particular area of the sim, if all the mask are not available. Also depending on the question it could just be implying a classful subnet mask is being used, or that knowing the mask is nonessential to finding the answer.

You should know how to find the subnet and the range of addresses given an IP address and mask within 10-15 seconds. If you can do that, you can always eliminate the wrong answers or at least verify the correct one.

I would never reccommend guessing, but only as a last resort.
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I can usually get an answer in subnetting in 5-20 seconds unless Its a bad day for me. I find it difficult that the sim is trying to get me to focus on a certain part by not including information because I'm going to be looking all over the place trying to get information.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Yea, those network diagrams on the boson practice test are hell, but I'm told if you can pass those you'll do fine on the real deal. Subnetting is the key to working them quickly though.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    The real exam is more straight foward and not as ambigious.
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm glad that the real exam is more straigt foward. I'll make sure to keep going over the subnetting so I'll have less problems with the network diagrams.

Thanks for the input everyone :)
    Booya!!