Options

Minimum Links in LAG group

sfaruqsfaruq Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Can anyone help solve this problem, plz?

Problem: I have to configure a LAG group WITHOUT using LACP. The LAG will have 2 interfaces in it. I want the Etherchannel, to be down if anyone of the member interfaces goes down.

I know its possible to just have LACP as the channel-protocol with minimum-link configured as 2, but LACP is not an option here. We're going to go with no channel-protocol.

Any thoughts/Solutions?

--
Best Regards,
SF
--
Best Regards
SF
JNCIE-M, CCIE(SP)

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    First thing that comes to mind is an EEM script to shut down the port channel if either of the links goes down. You copuld probably make it come back up without manual intervention also. I've never used EEM in production though so you might want to do some research and testing.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thanks for the idea. I have a feeling the customer will not really be happy about this...but I will keep is as a backup option....

Any other ideas.....??

--
    BR, Sohaib
    --
    Best Regards
    SF
    JNCIE-M, CCIE(SP)
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Why cant you use LACP?
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    The LAG has to be created between Cisco and another vendor. The other vendor has a limitation of supporting only 1 LAG group with LACP on a switch but we need at a minimum two LAG groups to fulfill our design requirements.

BR, SF
    --
    Best Regards
    SF
    JNCIE-M, CCIE(SP)
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    ah, hardware interoperability pains, got to love them. Probably not an option to replace the other vendor's kit, either I take it?
  • Options
    That's never an option.....unless of course the cost is born by someone else, which is not the case here.
    --
    Best Regards
    SF
    JNCIE-M, CCIE(SP)