Options

Sec+ in th next 3hour

beatblambeatblam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys
Please any last minute advise....on which revisions I should pull strings before I get slaughtered this afternoon.....thanks in advance guys...icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

Comments

• Options
    Xargon61Xargon61 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any subjects you're feeling weak on, start drilling them into your brain. I like to review with the notes I've been taking while preparing and take a practice test or two on the day of the test. Good luck buddy
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    Follow the advice I give my college-age daughter - Know the Material. Seriously, just know all of the objectives for the exam and you should be fine. CompTIA has the Security+ objectives in a PDF on their web site, and as long as you know all of those and you studied Darril's book you should be fine.

I plan on taking it sometime over the next couple of weeks. I've used Darril's book and the Exam Cram study questions so I feel pretty good. It's mostly just memorizing the definitions of terms and words.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    subl1m1nalsubl1m1nal Member Posts: 176
    Energy drink before the test! That's what helped me!

No, seriously, know the material and take some practice tests. The energy drink will help you focus and dig up any information you have tucked in your brain.
    Currently Working On: 70-643 - Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure

Plans for 2010: MCITP:EA and CCNA
    70-648 - Done
    70-643 - In progress
    70-647 - Still on my list
    70-680 - Still on my list

www.coantech.com
    www.thecoans.net
    www.facebook.com/tylercoan
    www.twitter.com/tylercoan
    www.linkedin.com/users/tylercoan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think confidence has a lot to do with cert exams too. If you truly know the material you should be confident about getting the pass. I think if you have apprehension you aren't truly ready. I mean everyone gets pretest jitters but I think that is more attributed to going into the unknown. If you know the material and are confident about it, you will pass! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks guyz...
    All your advise helped me....but still I have to still come here and say the truth about my test results, finally after my 90 minutes I failed the exam with 692 mark...I think this time around I'll have to make sure that I buy Darril's Book before my retake...may be that wil help me, but fairly the exams were not that hard, but I think I need to study thoroughly with Darrils book.....Thanks once again guys
  • Options
    beatblam wrote: »
    Thanks guyz...
    All your advise helped me....but still I have to still come here and say the truth about my test results, finally after my 90 minutes I failed the exam with 692 mark...I think this time around I'll have to make sure that I buy Darril's Book before my retake...may be that wil help me, but fairly the exams were not that hard, but I think I need to study thoroughly with Darrils book.....Thanks once again guys

What were your weak areas?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear that. May have been a little to do with nerves, too.
    Study Darril's book and try to get a good nights sleep before exam. Don't be up at 3 A.M. the night before a test. That may have beenpart of your problem.
    Don't feel too bad about this as most people have and/or will fail an exam (I have)
    Good luck on your next try
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Cmptch62Cmptch62 Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't feel bad I just failed my exam last monday with a 644! I just received Darril's book
    this past thursday and I'm hitting it hard! Just work on your weak areas and you will
    do fine next time. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Thanks guyz....
    I think nerve and also sleeping late did contribute to my failure indeed, because I went through the books the day before exam up until somewhere around 2AM...but all in all I would like to thank you guys for encouraging me...I have written Darril so he can send me the book, because in our country (poor Malawi) we dont hav visa card that I can use to buy things online, the only alternative is western union or bank transfer...so I hope Darril will help me on that, because I so much need the book....
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Could someone fill me in on this book that keeps being spoke of? I am planning on knocking out Sec+ after I finish my MCSA and would love to know of this awesome book that everyone is speaking of.

Thanks
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    humble2007 wrote: »
    Could someone fill me in on this book that keeps being spoke of? I am planning on knocking out Sec+ after I finish my MCSA and would love to know of this awesome book that everyone is speaking of.

Thanks

Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide (9781439236369): Darril Gibson: Books
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□