Taking A+ 701+702

_SyPhoN_SyPhoN Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im taking the 701 on this coming friday the 2nd of April. I feel prepared, I read thru/studied the Sybex A+ Study guide and Exam Cram..as well as taking all their tests dozens of times. I know im ready, just wondering if you guys think its a good idea to schedule the 702 for next friday or should I wait longer or take it sooner? BTW my goals are to get the triple threat out the way (A+, Net+, Sec+) before July. Then tackle the behemoth MCITP.. Currently doing volunteer work building desktop's running Ubuntu for underpriveleged folks with freegeeks. Excellent forum I might add...
Certified: A+, HP2-Q01 | In Progress: CCENT | On Deck: CCNA, Security+

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Some people takethem the same day. A week should be plenty of time to get some extra study time in for the 702.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • GaberGaber Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Some people takethem the same day. A week should be plenty of time to get some extra study time in for the 702.

Agreed, a week is enough time to prepare for 702. What you have studied for 701 will help with 702. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
  • _SyPhoN_SyPhoN Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I figured from reading other posts that a week is enough.. I will definately post up after I take the test.. I really want to get the A+ out the way and get focus on Sec+ already hopefully I have a one shot one kill with both of the tests. Thanks guys
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good idea to get all 3 out of the way before the end of the year. That way they'll still be lifetime certs.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • _SyPhoN_SyPhoN Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, thats definately a goal luckily theres plenty of time between now and Dec 31st.... But, The plan is before july. So then I can begin the MCITP quest.
  • SemiNewbieSemiNewbie Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was just wondering how long did you guys study before taking the exam? Just curious to know.