Options

Newbie MCSA Questions

Hey all,

I'm thinking about self studying the MCSA: Security, and I was wondering if there is a recommended book list? I have the MCSE set from Microsoft, and I was wondering if anyone had some other recommendations. Also, what's the best source for practice tests that are not considered braindumps or duplicate the actual exam questions?

Thanks,

Will Highsmith

Comments

• Options
    Xargon61Xargon61 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think that CBT nuggets and the Microsoft press books along with a lab environment will do you good. As far as the practice tests go, I recommend Transcenders.
    Good luck on your studies :)
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Set up a good lab. I used CBT for the 291. The MS press book for the 291 is good, the 293 book is dry for the first 3 or 4 chapters. I have heard the sybex books are good as well.
    I have used the MS press questions to study and they are challenging.

Hit up technet and the resources here and you should be good

There is a site call proprofs, that has some fairly good practice questions.

Good Luck
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Set up a good lab. I used CBT for the 291. The MS press book for the 291 is good, the 293 book is dry for the first 3 or 4 chapters. I have heard the sybex books are good as well.
    I have used the MS press questions to study and they are challenging.

Hit up technet and the resources here and you should be good

There is a site call proprofs, that has some fairly good practice questions.

Good Luck

I just checked out that site, the questions for this exam are rubbish.
    Decide what to be and go be it.