First CCENT Test

gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
Kinda nervous tomorrow i'm sitting down for my first IT Certification Test. I've studied good but then again not sure if i have the self-confidence that i will pass I do well on Boson sim questions but still intimidated by cisco. Well Wish me luck guys I honestly hope i pass :D i'll let you guys know pass or fail...

Comments

• notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Good luck. Let us know what your results are...my test is coming up soon...
  • doc hollidaydoc holliday Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck. Relax and keep track of the time you spend on each question. If you are doing good on the Boson Practice Exam (above 80%), then you'll be fine.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well i toom it was nervous didnt under stand the sims they were different till it finally clicked.... n wasted my time so rushed through :/ failed by one point icon_sad.gif(
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear it. But don't let that get you down at all, I failed my first time, and it's better to fail by one point than to completley off. Study your weak areas and you will kick it.:)
    thanks im really encouraged to go and take the exam again now that i know what the exam is all about time wont be a factor now. But i got a question is there a way i can swap my ICND2 voucher for my ICND1 voucher since i want to re-take the test. I got my Voucher from the Cisco Academy.
    thanks im really encouraged to go and take the exam again now that i know what the exam is all about time wont be a factor now.

Don't expect the next exam to be the same, you may want to brush up on your weak areas to support what you already know.

But i got a question is there a way i can swap my ICND2 voucher for my ICND1 voucher since i want to re-take the test. I got my Voucher from the Cisco Academy.

I really don't know but my instinct says "probably not."
    Yeah, well i know it is not going to be the same test but i was confused a bit because i was use to the boson sims so i got lost.
    but yeah, my results where
    Describe the operation of data networks 77%
    Implement a small switched network 88%
    implement an IP add. Scheme and IP services to meet the network req. 89%
    Implement a small routed network. 63%
    Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks req. for WLAN. 33%
    Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods. 75%
    Implement and verify WAN Links 50%

im really weak at WLAN im a go back and read, and watch CBTNuggets do you guys have any good tips on good material that i can use to brush up on these weakness?
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Use the mikej412 study method. Read a chapter, run some labs then drink a beer! Rinse and repeat.
    im really weak at WLAN im a go back and read, and watch CBTNuggets do you guys have any good tips on good material that i can use to brush up on these weakness?

Just revamp on it with what you already got, wireless is actually the smallest chapter in both of my books. It's really just understanding the different 802.11 a/b/g standards, rts/cts, bss/ibss/ess, and security.