Options

ISA / TMG Toolkit

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

After spending at least 6 months on trying to figure out how i could redirect specific users and computers to multiple upstream proxy servers (And nearly getting there too) I came across this:

ISA Server (Forefront TMG) Toolkit - freeware utilities for Microsoft ISA Server (Forefront TMG)

I posted a new thread here a few months back in the Cisco CCSP area hoping that an ASA 5505 would solve the issue (Which it didnt by the way)

Anyway, a long story short... The Advanced routing and Proxy tool included in the FREE pack will solve my issue. If anybody here works at a School like i do, you will find this a hugely valuable tool as you can use ISA server for all users and configure it to redirect traffic for you, rather than configuring Proxy addresses for all machines (Which becomes a really arduous task when you must manually configure IP addresses on machines for it to work!!!)

Thought id share my pain with you all.
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• Options
    Paule123Paule123 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good timing!

Just been downloading the eval copy to start playing around with
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks wedge1988 I dropped TMG 2010 into a company a month ago and was just about to role out the proxy/cache components, this will help. :)
  • Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Glad it was helpful :)

I really can't believe Microsoft havn't included this with any of their ISA / TMG products because its a very needed feature by many companies. If this company is giving the pack away free then its obviously not difficult to program...

Either way, a huge bonus for me as i was going to do caching also, but this is so much better :)
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese