Options

Hardest test ever!

Wow...Now I see why people call it the beast. By far the hardest test I've taken. At one point I thought the sims would never end. I barely got by with a pass. I went into it feeling very confident on all aspects except RRAS. RRAS was my weak spot, but in the end I aced the RRAS section (go figure) and struggled with every thing else.

Study materials:
1. my own servers
2. Built my own WSUS 3.0 server, DHCP, DNS, RRAS, File Server, and two Domain (AD Integrated) Controllers.
3. CBtnuggets
4. WinInstructor
5. Que 70-291
6. MS 70-291
7. Testout 291

read all of these:
http://www.techexams.net/forums/70-291-net-infra/19507-70-291-resources.html
Googled a million article!
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

Comments

• Options
    rob7278rob7278 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!

I just passed the 70-290 today and am just starting on the 291
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    Good luck on the 291. I spent a long time on the 291. I think because of how many people I had heard failed it. I thought I was going to place in the upper 900. I wasn't even close. Take your time and spend a lot of time doing labs.
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    RRAS blows. Im so glad Im taking 290 first :)
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on getting past this one, I found it a real hurdle. TestOut was the breakthrough for me; I found Zachary to be the best teacher on these subjects and clarified everything that MSPress, Sybex just convoluted.
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    Strangely enough, I couldn't tell out of all the study material I used which helped me the most. If I had to guess I would say just labs. The questions were so left field, that I can't even remember them. The 290 was so much different for me then this test. I only had 40 questions on this one and I think 10+ sims. It seemed like a lot of questions on stuff not even touch on in all the study material I used. But, I think I got a little stressed when the computer crashed, I couldn't go to the next question because of scroll bar issues and serious white screen lag problems.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting past this one, I found it a real hurdle. TestOut was the breakthrough for me; I found Zachary to be the best teacher on these subjects and clarified everything that MSPress, Sybex just convoluted.

+1

I'm prepping for the 291 exam. I will read the MS Press book then watch the TestOut video on the same subject. I think the sims on TestOut have helped me a lot.