2950 stp

rc51bossrc51boss Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Please excuse my crude drawing. Isn't one of these ports suppose to go amber. I set up this configuration in a lab using xover cables, cleared vlan.dat and erased startup-configs. All port lights stayed green even after I trunked the ports.

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Run the command:

show interface fa0/? switchport

They are probably set to dynamic desirable and therefore they configured themselves as trunks automatically. I hope this helps.

~Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    rc51boss wrote: »
    Please excuse my crude drawing. Isn't one of these ports suppose to go amber. I set up this configuration in a lab using xover cables, cleared vlan.dat and erased startup-configs. All port lights stayed green even after I trunked the ports.
    Nice diagram.

If you are referring to spanning tree disabling a port I think it depends on which model of switch you have whether the light turns amber or not.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    do a
    #sh int status

on each switch to see the statu if the ports are up

and then a

#sh spanning tree

to see what ports are getting blocked. I know on my 3550 and 3750 all ports stay green blocked or otherwise. unless they are physicaly down
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    do a
    #sh int status

on each switch to see the statu if the ports are up

and then a

#sh spanning tree

to see what ports are getting blocked. I know on my 3550 and 3750 all ports stay green blocked or otherwise. unless they are physicaly down

Likewise on my two 3550's and 2950. Always green.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire