Options

Passed 70-680

za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello every one,

I passed 70-680 exam with 850 and I Know i would've scored better if I studied harder but I'm satisfied with the result.

I studied using MS training book which i was good enough .It was 2 hours and i finished in 1.15.

Good luck for all new takers, what do you recommend now ? i'm thinking of 70-642

Tarek

Comments

• Options
    btw should i take the 70-642 first of 70-640 ? i'm thinking or 642 what do you recommend ?
  • Options
    t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    Congratulations on the pass. I would recomend taking the 83-640 next. It is a simulaton exam, which makes it easier. Do you work with AD on a daily base? In any event, I would take the AD exam next.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the VHD ?, when you Attach the VHD in Disk Management, isn't there a check-box for "Read Only"? Thought this was an option for protecting OS on VHDs, etc.

Nice work tho. Taking this exam at the end of the month.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass! Good job.
    BTW you may want to edit some of your origional post. You gave a little too much info on your exam and it violates NDA. According to MS you can't even disclose number of questions on the exam, they especially frown upon any specifics about any particular questions. I know you're just trying to be helpful to future exam takers but MS gets serious about disclosure.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass. I would recomend taking the 83-640 next. It is a simulaton exam, which makes it easier. Do you work with AD on a daily base? In any event, I would take the AD exam next.

I do work with it but not in advance level , is the 70-642 hard ?
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Good job.
    BTW you may want to edit some of your origional post. You gave a little too much info on your exam and it violates NDA. According to MS you can't even disclose number of questions on the exam, they especially frown upon any specifics about any particular questions. I know you're just trying to be helpful to future exam takers but MS gets serious about disclosure.

Oh, thanks for the tip i didn't know this I appreciate your help I did edit my post. I remember reading after the exam that you can't share any info about the exam but i thought they didn't really mean it :D
  • Options
    If anyone flagged your post then the moderators would have edited it. There's an MSN live event which they'll probably do like they did in the 2008 live event and spell out what you can and can't say about exams. Here's the 2008 version
    MCP Live Meeting: Redmond CSI: Anti-piracy and Microsoft Certification (Session 2)

Here's the exam policy
    Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certification Exam Policies
    Here's the link for the April 21,2010 live event
    Exam Forensics and What Microsoft Is Doing to Catch the Cheaters.

Edit: I've done the same thing in the past, thinking it's helping others. MS is serious about this stuff and can ban you for life if they catch you disclosing too much on a public forum.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    Hello every one,

I passed 70-680 exam with 850 and I Know i would've scored better if I studied harder but I'm satisfied with the result.

I studied using MS training book which i was good enough and Test King questions as well.It was 2 hours and i finished in 1.15.

Good luck for all new takers, what do you recommend now ? i'm thinking of 70-642

Tarek

Your practice exams from test king is cheating.

check certguard.com
  • Options
    If anyone flagged your post then the moderators would have edited it. There's an MSN live event which they'll probably do like they did in the 2008 live event and spell out what you can and can't say about exams. Here's the 2008 version
    MCP Live Meeting: Redmond CSI: Anti-piracy and Microsoft Certification (Session 2)

Here's the exam policy
    Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certification Exam Policies
    Here's the link for the April 21,2010 live event
    Exam Forensics and What Microsoft Is Doing to Catch the Cheaters.

Edit: I've done the same thing in the past, thinking it's helping others. MS is serious about this stuff and can ban you for life if they catch you disclosing too much on a public forum.

Thanks for the info, this is very helpful this is only my second Microsoft exam. I think i know more now so I will be more careful in the future.
  • Options
    Can you please give me more tips about the next exam i should take ? i'm planning of taking MCITP-EA I have an experience in Win Server 2003 and 2000 but not 2008 what should i study now ?
  • Options
    Another question please, I took the exam on Tuesday when does it appear in MCP site ? I've already seen that I passed in Prometric exam but what about MCP does it take a long time ?
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Your practice exams from test king is cheating.

check certguard.com

lol I like how this was just ignored.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Simply editing your post and removing test king doesnt mean you cheated any less.

Thanks for devaluing the cert for everyone else.
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Simply editing your post and removing test king doesnt mean you cheated any less.

Thanks for devaluing the cert for everyone else.

I was going to defend him, explain that to someone new to cert testing they may not be aware that these companies that advertise "practice tests" are actually ****....

but him editing his post to try to hide it now instead of saying he didn't know, seems kinda... suspicious. If he didn't know, why not just say that? By trying to hide it, kind of arouses suspicion.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    I wonder if MS Learning would investigate if this was reported. Afterall I bet there werent that many people that took the 70-680 in Syria over the last few days.
  • Options
    Back to the OP. 70-640 would prob be the best test for you to start with. Actually it's the 83-640 although the books still call it 70-640.
    As far as your getting on the MS site it usually takes 2 or 3 days before you get an email from MS with the info.
  • Options
    Back to the OP. 70-640 would prob be the best test for you to start with. Actually it's the 83-640 although the books still call it 70-640.
    As far as your getting on the MS site it usually takes 2 or 3 days before you get an email from MS with the info.

I wouldnt bother giving him any advice. Cheaters only make the cert worthless which will end up making the time you and I spent legitimately earning them worth nothing.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I wonder if MS Learning would investigate if this was reported. Afterall I bet there werent that many people that took the 70-680 in Syria over the last few days.
    If the poster did not know and was told his post should be edited I find nothing in the fact that he deleted it. I would not want such a thing associated with my name...

The fact is that these things are so generic and so easy to find that it isn't suprising that so many people do this on their first exam.

Learn, CYA, and don't do it again. If the guy had known he probably would not have posted it. But who knows.
  • Options
    I wouldnt bother giving him any advice. Cheaters only make the cert worthless which will end up making the time you and I spent legitimately earning them worth nothing.

Easy guys you don't have to eat me :) I didn't know that using Test King is considered cheating especially that i bought it online and it cost me 80$.

As you know Syria is among the "access of evil" till now so a lot of things are banned going to Syria including a lot of Microsoft stuff i had to go to another country in order to buy Microsoft books which cost me a lot of money (transportation and etc) so for me it's not going to the next bookstore and buying the book it's much harder than this not talking about other difficulties.

I would like to ask all of you who attached me what to you feel about going to another country to do an exam just because of political issue. It's not my fault but i have to pay for it every day just because I'm Syrian.

Back to the subject i didn't know it's cheating and when someone told me so i edited my topic because and thanked the guy who told me so cause i didn't even know that I shouldn't talk about my experience in the exam itself.

Now if you want to hang me please feel free to do so, I apologize for using ********, I will never ever do it again.I can assure you that i studied harder than a lot of other testers in fact i studied for about one month to pass the exam which is not my first Microsoft exam.

Tarek
  • Options
    If the poster did not know and was told his post should be edited I find nothing in the fact that he deleted it. I would not want such a thing associated with my name...

The fact is that these things are so generic and so easy to find that it isn't suprising that so many people do this on their first exam.

Learn, CYA, and don't do it again. If the guy had known he probably would not have posted it. But who knows.

I really didnt know and if anyone in my shoes he would do the same thing and edit his post.
  • Options

Thanks a lot for the advice, I think this is my next Goal then because this is what i heard from many resources.

Tarek