Options

Taking my Free Beta Test this month + Im a new guy here!

Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys. I have just discovered this site, and I must say, its pretty neat cool. My name is Aaron and I work for the Public School system and have been a tech for 3 years now. In late October I passed the A+ test just for the heck of it. At my current job there are no benefits here for doing so, but I figure it cant hurt.

I started my quest for Network+ only a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon the free beta test on the Comptia site. I was a lucky one and got my voucher yesterday. Essentially I will be trying to pass this exam with only one month of studying. So I am sure I will be asking a few questions and checking out the boards fairly often. I have just downloaded the free PDF here on the site. Once I check that out, I will probably download the one that cost a few bucks.

I don’t have high expectations on passing the test on such short notice, but i am going to work/read my butt off as much as I can. I’m sure a free test doesn’t come along very often.

Wish me luck.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Welcome on board Aaron and congrats with winning that voucher.

Working your butt off for a month should be sufficient for the Network+ exam.

Just a note about my Network+ TechNotes (free and special edition): they are written for the current Network+ exam. The network+ 2005 beta exam has some new topics that are not covered in my notes. So be sure to download the exam objectives from the comptia site and compare those with the exam objectives listed in our PDF guides. Not that much has changed, but you can expect to get questioned about the new exam topics. Feel free to post any questions.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks. Yeah i know there are a few new items on the test that i will need to explore on google, but i figure i better master the basics first :)

Does anyone know off hand how much each question is worth and how many you must get correct to pass. If its anything like the A+, im sure it now that big of a deal if you read up.

Aaron
  • Options
    TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure they haven't put any "point" system on the beta questions. The whole point of beta testing is to find out what questions should or should not go into a permanent test. This is also why it is going to take up to 60 days to find out if we've passed or not.

Good luck!
  • Options
    True True.

but as for the current exam, do we know?