Options

Student Experiences at Western Governors University (WGU)

Comments

• Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Ahhh, all the LET1 tasks are ready to be submitted when the term starts!icon_thumright.gif
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    NOLAJ wrote: »
    Ahhh, all the LET1 tasks are ready to be submitted when the term starts!icon_thumright.gif

That's great! It's nice to have 4 CUs completed the first week of the term.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's great! It's nice to have 4 CUs completed the first week of the term.

It's even better with 12 CUs. ;) [NOLAJ did the same thing I did in regards to doing LET1 before the term, plus I had ORC1/MGC1 scheduled that same week. Passed all three within my first 6 days of my second term.]
  • Options
    usagent27usagent27 Member Posts: 119
    Just passed Project + exam. My goal is to finish by 08/31. I am planning on starting Tech Writing next week while i work on the web classes. 1st task for Ket1 is submitted and 3 out of 4 for RIT1. Do you guys think i can finish by end of Aug?

Anyone have any ideas for Tech writing for a topic? i'm not exactly sure what i want to do
    WGU Progress: started 03/01/12-08/31/12
    Courses transfered: AVX1, CPV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses Completed: WFV1, CWV1, MGC1,CRV1, BNC1, DEV1, CTV1, DHV1, DIV1, TPV1, RIT1, Cuv1, BOV1, KET1, CJV1, CVV1, DJV1, SBT1,QZT1, DFV1,KFT1
    Completed in one term
  • Options
    jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    Could someone give me an idea on what is required for the 2nd programming course (KFT1)? Is it actually 4 tasks? I know 4 is the actual program, but do you turn anything in for 1-3 or just get a partner signoff? I only ask since I have nothing to work on and the COS is rather vague and taskstream seems to be taking longer than ever to add classes.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I ended up with 8 CUs within the first 7 days of term 2. I've been working on AIV1 which is taking a decent amount of prep time.
  • Options
    Raidersfan81Raidersfan81 Member Posts: 124

Nice!! How long did it take you roughly hours wise, to complete everything?
  • Options
    briandy81 wrote: »
    Nice!! How long did it take you roughly hours wise, to complete everything?

Not long. Maybe 5-6 hours. If you're familiar with the material, they're pretty simple tasks. Granted I may end up having to touch some things up after they hit Taskstream, maybe not.

WGU -

• Options
    themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Tomorrow I'm going to call Student Services to complain about Taskstream. Not 1 of my classes has loaded yet - the one I had to have them manual load. Turned in a paper Monday morning - still nothing back. I know we are suppose to give 5 days BUT if it's this slow now, wait 2 weeks. How am suppose to keep working when I can't even turn my work in or get it back. I hate have to go back to figure out something wrong with a paper a week after I turned it in.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    TWA1 submitted, now we play the waiting game...
    And by waiting game, i'll probably start watching vids for GAC1 tomorrow icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Hypntick wrote: »
    And by waiting game, i'll probably start watching vids for GAC1 tomorrow icon_lol.gif

Nice, it's just a race to the finish now. All I have left is that last annoying humanities task I've been procrastinating on and then tech/capstone.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Options
    Well I got the all clear for KET1(Intro to programming), which sucked by the way. The strange this is I never got an email from Taskstream with the evaluation complete. I just happened to notice it was gone from my degree plan. Just KFT1 (the second programming class) and I am done. I'm not too sure I like the fact that you have to work with others on the 2nd programming class since everyone's pace is different.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    Well I got the all clear for KET1(Intro to programming), which sucked by the way. The strange this is I never got an email from Taskstream with the evaluation complete. I just happened to notice it was gone from my degree plan. Just KFT1 (the second programming class) and I am done. I'm not too sure I like the fact that you have to work with others on the 2nd programming class since everyone's pace is different.

yea that does suck, too bad im not in that class yet id partner up with ya
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    That's awesome!! When does your current term end?

WGU -

• Options
    That's awesome!! When does your current term end?

August 31st, depending on how long 70-680 takes me, I hope to be done by July.
  • Options
    Melika635Melika635 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just submitted my capstone. Watch out Windows 7, I'm coming for you! Want to finish by June 15th. Sounds like a few of us are right there within a week or two of each other. :)
    Completed BS, Information Technology
    MBA- IT Management- Targeted Start Date 9/1/2013
    Courses left: QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Courses Completed:

• Options
    WGUGeekGirlWGUGeekGirl Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□

Wow, this is the first time I've heard about having to partner up with anyone for any WGU course. Has anyone already completed KFT1? If so what was that like?
    "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalms 119:105 (KJV)
    WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress:
    Transferred
    (58 CUs) | Required (17 CUs) | In Progress (8 CUs) | Completed (36 CUs)
    BBC1, CVV1, GAC1, HHT1, AGC1, BVC1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, IWC1, IWT1, QLT1, CLC1, DJV1, DHV1 | COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TYC1, TYP1 | CJV1, CUV1, BOV1, TPV1, MGC1, RIT1, BNC1, KET1, CTV1
  • Options
    Wow, this is the first time I've heard about having to partner up with anyone for any WGU course. Has anyone already completed KFT1? If so what was that like?

Nope. KFT1 is not part of my curriculum. Does WGU select a partner for you or do you have to pick your own?

WGU -

• Options
    Tech writing done, didn't think it'd be so fast. Updating the paper to cover capstone right now. However I still need the course added to my AAV.
  • Options
    WGUGeekGirlWGUGeekGirl Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tech writing done, didn't think it'd be so fast. Updating the paper to cover capstone right now. However I still need the course added to my AAV.

Congrats!
    "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalms 119:105 (KJV)
    WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress:
    Transferred
    (58 CUs) | Required (17 CUs) | In Progress (8 CUs) | Completed (36 CUs)
    BBC1, CVV1, GAC1, HHT1, AGC1, BVC1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, IWC1, IWT1, QLT1, CLC1, DJV1, DHV1 | COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TYC1, TYP1 | CJV1, CUV1, BOV1, TPV1, MGC1, RIT1, BNC1, KET1, CTV1
  • Options
    Capstone submitted, also submitted scheduling for GAC1, will give me 2 weeks to study for that. With my pre-assessment scores hitting around 62%, I feel this is enough time. Here's hoping my capstone is good the first time around. My goal of finishing by July is well within reach at this point. Getting a little giddy.
  • Options
    Anyone have any good pointers on KFT1 for Task 4? Java for Programmers has helped, but not enough. I seriously think this one is going to keep me from ever graduating.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    Anyone have any good pointers on KFT1 for Task 4? Java for Programmers has helped, but not enough. I seriously think this one is going to keep me from ever graduating.

what part ya having trouble with
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There was a long post on the WGU IT community about this course. I've been copying all the little posts and observations for future use for this course.
  • Options
    Hi...please every one i need your help/idea. i am an experience A+ guy, i want to have a degree but i dont want to study a 4yr or 3yr degree course in the uni.. I want am thinking of studying MCITP and progress to get a degree for a yr in the yr..pls what do u think..how else do u think i can get a degree with MCITP or what proffesional certificate do you suggest in getting a degree. URGENT RESPONSE.i am trying to make a decision

I've noticed that this is your 6th identical post all over the site. If you don't want to spend 3-4 years working on a degree, then your best bet is an Associate's degree. You can do that in 2 years or less, usually. WGU does offer degree programs with certifications, too.
  • Options
    Melika635Melika635 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tick tock..tick tock... my Capstone was finally picked up by an evaluator! (Cancel Submission button is gone!) Here we gooooo....
    Completed BS, Information Technology
    MBA- IT Management- Targeted Start Date 9/1/2013
    Courses left: QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Courses Completed:

• Options
    Melika635 wrote: »
    Tick tock..tick tock... my Capstone was finally picked up by an evaluator! (Cancel Submission button is gone!) Here we gooooo....

Thanks...you just made me take a look at mine lol. Only 26 hours since submission, I think i've got a while.
  • Options
    What topics have you guys used for your technical writing? I'm not looking to copy anyone's idea, I'm just trying to decide which way I want to go with the paper.

WGU -

• Options
    Just got an email from WGU, looks like they are cracking down on some of the exam policies. Pre-assessments required and longer wait times between exams. I wonder if certain exams are tripping students up?
  • Options
    What topics have you guys used for your technical writing? I'm not looking to copy anyone's idea, I'm just trying to decide which way I want to go with the paper.

I used the development of a comprehensive security policy that we (my job, an MSP) can shop around to clients as a managed security service. It covered pretty much every competency that they could want on the paper and was something I was in the process of doing anyways. On a related note.....capstone is passed! icon_cheers.gif No more Taskstream! GAC1 is scheduled for next Saturday night, and the practice tests that come on the 70-680 book CD i'm hitting 70% or better without studying, i'm feeling really good right now.