Student Experiences at Western Governors University (WGU)

Comments

• nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    EWB is now open just as they said at WGU - on the 15th of the month prior to entry.

Mine is still locked, guess I need to make sure everything is gtg on my end
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nosoup4u wrote: »
    Mine is still locked, guess I need to make sure everything is gtg on my end

If all your other stuff is taken care of, you should be fine. If by tomorrow, it's not open, then I'd call your EC.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    NOLAJ wrote: »
    Guys,

Quick question. Is the Capstone just simply putting your Technical Writing into past tense format? Basically how the project turned out?

Check the rubric, there's a good bit more than that. You remove some sections, add a few more, and change things around a bit. Although it shouldn't take long, I think it took me a few hours to do the changes needed and submit.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Check the rubric, there's a good bit more than that. You remove some sections, add a few more, and change things around a bit. Although it shouldn't take long, I think it took me a few hours to do the changes needed and submit.

Thanks!! I followed the COS and rubric to make my changes. Paper just submitted!! Fingers crossed!!
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Yes, the tuition is pro-rated for you, though I'd check with them about a 1-month extension.

Spoke to my mentor today about starting a term only needing 3 units to graduate. She confirmed what Psoasman said!

Thanks again! icon_thumright.gif

WGU -

Ivanjam wrote: »
    EWB is now open just as they said at WGU - on the 15th of the month prior to entry.

Good times, lol. Best of luck!!icon_thumright.gif

WGU -

• IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Completed EWB last night.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • ScamcenoScamceno Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have a quick question, are the assessments essentially like final exams in a Community college or University? Basically a test that covers the book end to end? Also would you guys say the assessments are more difficult then your typical B&M exams? I would have asked my EC but my terribad schedule lately has made it hard for us to actually speak on the phone, we've just been exchanging messages for a week. Hpefully I can get a hold of him today though, this is more of a student relevant question anyway though.
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Scamceno wrote: »
    I have a quick question, are the assessments essentially like final exams in a Community college or University? Basically a test that covers the book end to end? Also would you guys say the assessments are more difficult then your typical B&M exams? I would have asked my EC but my terribad schedule lately has made it hard for us to actually speak on the phone, we've just been exchanging messages for a week. Hpefully I can get a hold of him today though, this is more of a student relevant question anyway though.

They are not more difficult than at a B&M college, not in my experience anyways. Depending on the class, it might not be a cover-to-cover test of the book. Each class has its own Course of Study with learning objectives. The exams test on all those. Again, in my experience, there's no "surprises". WGU does a really good job of telling you want it expects (ok..maybe TaskStream fails some here, but..eh) and giving you the resources to accomplish it.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • ScamcenoScamceno Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kgb wrote: »
    They are not more difficult than at a B&M college, not in my experience anyways. Depending on the class, it might not be a cover-to-cover test of the book. Each class has its own Course of Study with learning objectives. The exams test on all those. Again, in my experience, there's no "surprises". WGU does a really good job of telling you want it expects (ok..maybe TaskStream fails some here, but..eh) and giving you the resources to accomplish it.

I see, thats reassuring, thanks for the reply.
    Thanks!! I followed the COS and rubric to make my changes. Paper just submitted!! Fingers crossed!!

Capstone completed!! No revisions necessary!icon_thumright.gif

I am pumped!!

WGU -

• DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□

I am pumped!!

It looks like you only have BRV1 left? Which course is that? I don't see it in my degree plan.
    What was your start date?
    DPG wrote: »
    It looks like you only have BRV1 left? Which course is that? I don't see it in my degree plan.
    What was your start date?
    I started June 1 2011. BRV1 is the CCENT cert.icon_thumright.gif

WGU -

Congrats, NOLAJ! icon_thumright.gif
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Grats on the capstone sir! icon_cheers.gif

Good luck on the CCENT, how long are you planning on spending working on it?
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.

I am pumped!!

Congrats!
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Grats on the capstone sir! icon_cheers.gif

Good luck on the CCENT, how long are you planning on spending working on it?

Thanks!! New term starts Dec 1, so I ill try to knock it our before Dec 31.

WGU -

• CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats. I'm waiting for my Capstone to be graded, then it's my lasy two Microsoft exams.

I am pumped!!

That's awesome!! Congrats!
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats. I'm waiting for my Capstone to be graded, then it's my lasy two Microsoft exams.

Passed my Capstone today as well.
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Spoke to my mentor today about starting a term only needing 3 units to graduate. She confirmed what Psoasman said!

Thanks again! icon_thumright.gif

I can confirm this as well. The final term is pro-rated. However, extensions are not granted between terms.

Congrats!!!

Well done, CompuTron99! Good luck on the remaining 2 courses! icon_thumright.gif
    Passed the CJV1 (Database 1) exam this morning! 4 classes left. Not really looking forward to Java, but I know I'll learn something valuable in it.
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    All congrats on passing the capstones! I turned in my TEch paper on Wednesday morning and still no response! How long did your taskstream take? did they still do a "turnitin" score?
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Passed the CJV1 (Database 1) exam this morning! 4 classes left. Not really looking forward to Java, but I know I'll learn something valuable in it.

Congrats!!

Was the material supplied for CJV1 good?
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    Just received my score!!! 3.74/4.0!!

Overall comments:
    This Technical Writing Proposal has been a pleasure to read and evaluate. Congratulations!

WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
    Congrats!!

Was the material supplied for CJV1 good?

They were great and all I needed to prepare.
  • rlbwalkerrlbwalker Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ha. That is amazing. He must have been new. Or at least I hope that was his reason for not knowing as much as you do about the enrollment process.