Student Experiences at Western Governors University (WGU)

Comments

• themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Do you think I'm crazy?

I'm thinking of finishing everything in my current degree path except the programing and capstone classes this term. This would give me my CCNA and CCNA Security. Then next term transfer to the NDM program and get the MCITP EA done, finish the capstone and graduate w/ CCNA and EA. Do you think the entire EA (70-680 will be done) and capstone could be done in one term? I sent an inquiry to my mentor to get his take and to see if I could get it so those were the only two things I'd have to do.

My thought it I'm finishing a 4 year degree in 1 to 1.5 years, might as well put a little more effort in and get another great cert yet still be done in 2 years.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Do you think I'm crazy?

I'm thinking of finishing everything in my current degree path except the programing and capstone classes this term. This would give me my CCNA and CCNA Security. Then next term transfer to the NDM program and get the MCITP EA done, finish the capstone and graduate w/ CCNA and EA. Do you think the entire EA (70-680 will be done) and capstone could be done in one term? I sent an inquiry to my mentor to get his take and to see if I could get it so those were the only two things I'd have to do.

My thought it I'm finishing a 4 year degree in 1 to 1.5 years, might as well put a little more effort in and get another great cert yet still be done in 2 years.

I dunno about crazy, but that's terribly ambitious. You might be better off doing one of those on your own instead of both. This way you won't feel so pressured to finish. I would finish the WGU:BS first with one of those and then do a cert in the other later. That's just me though...you don't want to burn yourself out.
    it was thru prometric cause all the schools around here are closed for winter break

edit: apparently if you choose the new test at prometric site option its a 2~4 day wait till wgu gets the results, how ever they said there was a screen at the end that said if you passed or not . there was a screen but it auto changed while i was reading it.

Why wouldn't you use the camera? You get the results as soon as you click done...lol.
    Logic and syntax I dont mind. It's drawing all these stupid little diagrams thats killing me.

Do people actually use these things? I can see how they would be useful but most programmers I know would tell me their job is code and not drawing boxes all day.

You won't find most programmers flow-charting or even writting comments on their codes...though many shops now are insisting on getting that done (I would). Too many programmers are leaving their jobs and leaving behind their spaghetti code for someone else to decipher and fix. Many are from the school of thought that a good programmer can read the code and understand it...while that might be true, what may make sense to one person, might not to another.
  • RoadwarriorsLiveRoadwarriorsLive Member Posts: 104
    Do you think I'm crazy?

I know you can do it.

I have 3 months left in my first term and I am going for it. Some of the classes you have left can go really quick. Just be carful to take a day away and not force yourself if you are feeling burned out. You wont retain and the course your on will be a huge thorn in your side.

INT1 should have been a slam dunk for me but the paper for the experiment has been a pain in the ***. It has taken me a while to do a revision just because I hate looking at it anymore. Got a second wind after Christmas and knocked it out in an hour after procrastinating for 3 weeks. But I know it's good now and it will get 4's.

You can do it if you really want it.
    WGU Graduate - Bachelors of Science: Information Technology Security

Started MS ISA on April 1st
    I am going crazy with this programming class and just want it to be finished.

Santa brought me a big box of Cisco routers from ebay. They are just sitting in my living room calling my name. I got them for the CCNA and CCNA Sec tests to prepare. I know you can get by without them but wanted the real thing so I KNOW I know what I am doing. If I open the box I am a lost cause and will get nothing else done for the rest of the week.

Someone please stop the voice in my head telling me to go play with the new toys.

Someone please stop the voice in my head telling me to go play with the new toys.

As my mother used to tell me....

The quicker you get your homework done, the quicker you can go and play "Mario" [Super Mario Brothers on NES...though I had other games like Contra, and a bunch of other NES games]

Likewise, the quicker you can get through programming, the quicker you can do some router setups...unless you live in a house that's constantly broken into...your router kits aren't going anywhere.

The word of the day, boys and girls, is "priority." :D

(Did that help?)
    erpadmin wrote: »
    As my mother used to tell me....

The quicker you get your homework done, the quicker you can go and play "Mario" [Super Mario Brothers on NES...though I had other games like Contra, and a bunch of other NES games]

Likewise, the quicker you can get through programming, the quicker you can do some router setups...unless you live in a house that's constantly broken into...your router kits aren't going anywhere.

(Did that help?)

Yes mom icon_sad.gif How could you tell I was procrastinating by hanging out here? If IT ever lets you down you could always try psychology.

I am off to porogramming now icon_sad.gif

Yes mom icon_sad.gif How could you tell I was procrastinating by hanging out here? If IT ever lets you down you could always try psychology.

I am off to porogramming now icon_sad.gif

Every psych class I've ever taken I always got a B in it. I feel it was because I did the bare minimum though.

It's just something my mom would tell me if I were in your shoes...lmao...
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510

Don't I know it. I've had "toys" actually calling my name recently-- more like hobby kinds of stuff indirectly related to what I've been studying.

It's better to keep your nose to the grindstone and get the homework done first as erpadmin pointed out-- but sometimes, too, the call is just a bit too strong to resist. :) In that case, try to set some limits (as in, OK, I have three new routers waiting for me. If I set up one it'll get some of the urge to abate so I can tell myself I've had some play time and get back to work).

Just food for thought. . .
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    took the mgc1 test today

1. the test its self is nothing like the pre-assessment
    2. cant review the entire test at the end
    3. still dont know if i passed or failed on the last screen it said all those words and it went away after about 15 sec. my aap hasnt changed yet

i dislike how the test its self was laid out the info is the same as the pre-assessment but the test its self can be frustrating

passed mcg1 it was about as easy as every one lead me to believe
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
    Anyone else having problems logging in right now? It's been hit or miss all day now I am getting a call support error. Didnt have this much trouble when they were down for maintaince.

• Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Anyone else having problems logging in right now? It's been hit or miss all day now I am getting a call support error. Didnt have this much trouble when they were down for maintaince.

Yeah, it's been down most of the day. Was chatting about it with my mentor earlier via email. She's not too thrilled either, haha.

Ah well. I'm finishing up Task 3 now of INT1 (and I know what you meant about putting it off), so that will be done today. I have the test for INC1 on Sunday, so that will put me at 54 CU's in 4 months and 1 day. I'm not blazing a trail like you are, but I'm doing my best to make up for the month I spent procrastinating on LAT1 icon_redface.gif.
  • never2latenever2late Member Posts: 122
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's been down most of the day. Was chatting about it with my mentor earlier via email. She's not too thrilled either, haha.

Ah well. I'm finishing up Task 3 now of INT1 (and I know what you meant about putting it off), so that will be done today. I have the test for INC1 on Sunday, so that will put me at 54 CU's in 4 months and 1 day. I'm not blazing a trail like you are, but I'm doing my best to make up for the month I spent procrastinating on LAT1 icon_redface.gif.

54 CU's in 4 months! How do you guys do this? I'm wrapping up my first semester and have 30 CU's and I thought I did really well. Got the CCNA and INC\INT done and now finishing the JavaScript. I work 50 hrs a week and have family obligations but never could I even imagine doing 10 more CU's much less 25 more in a six month semester. It is amazing and mind boggling at the same time.
    never2late wrote: »
    54 CU's in 4 months! How do you guys do this? I'm wrapping up my first semester and have 30 CU's and I thought I did really well. Got the CCNA and INC\INT done and now finishing the JavaScript. I work 50 hrs a week and have family obligations but never could I even imagine doing 10 more CU's much less 25 more in a six month semester. It is amazing and mind boggling at the same time.

I felt the same way, n2l. I work 50-60 hours a week myself, and I also finished with 28 CUs. Next term, I'm gonna rid myself of every class that isn't an MS exam, tech writing or capstone. If I do it right, I MIGHT be able to beat my personal record of 12 CUs in 26 days by taking the three management classes. I'm looking at being done with those in 14 days, maximum.

You and I are in the same boat, and probably like you, I always felt like I sucked because all these guys were doing 100 CUs in one term. [I will always exaggerate that number to emphasize the fact that folks are just doing a lot of CUs in a term.] I just keep telling myself "it's not a race" as well as commend those who are able to accelerate at breakneck speed. It truly is impressive.
  • never2latenever2late Member Posts: 122
    I felt the same way, n2l. I work 50-60 hours a week myself, and I also finished with 28 CUs. Next term, I'm gonna rid myself of every class that isn't an MS exam, tech writing or capstone. If I do it right, I MIGHT be able to beat my personal record of 12 CUs in 26 days by taking the three management classes. I'm looking at being done with those in 14 days, maximum.

You and I are in the same boat, and probably like you, I always felt like I sucked because all these guys were doing 100 CUs in one term. [I will always exaggerate that number to emphasize the fact that folks are just doing a lot of CUs in a term.] I just keep telling myself "it's not a race" as well as commend those who are able to accelerate at breakneck speed. It truly is impressive.

Thank you erpadmin. I thought I was missing some secret code or just slowing down now that I have passed 50. I study 3-5 hrs per day and more on the weekend and just couldn't imagine doing more than I have done. These guys are either friggin geniuses or they live in some time-dilated alternate universe where there is more than 24hrs in a single day.

My plan is to finish AKV1 by the 5th and then dive into the WSV1 Site Designer class. My mentor released the resources for WSV1 but didn't enroll me in the class. That way I can study and then take the exam the first week of next semester.

I do have a 5-day golf outing planned for mid-January in Myrtle Beach and have a feeling not much studying will transpire during that time frame.icon_cool.gif
    Thank you erpadmin. I thought I was missing some secret code or just slowing down now that I have passed 50. I study 3-5 hrs per day and more on the weekend and just couldn't imagine doing more than I have done. These guys are either friggin geniuses or they live in some time-dilated alternate universe where there is more than 24hrs in a single day.

My plan is to finish AKV1 by the 5th and then dive into the WSV1 Site Designer class. My mentor released the resources for WSV1 but didn't enroll me in the class. That way I can study and then take the exam the first week of next semester.

I do have a 5-day golf outing planned for mid-January in Myrtle Beach and have a feeling not much studying will transpire during that time frame.icon_cool.gif

Based on your sig, I can tell you that after AKV1, on top of WSV1, you should throw CLC1 on the grill, too. It's pretty much a schedule for the exam, take it and pass kind of deal. I did no study with that, though I'd advise that you at least go through the MindEdge. Definitely take a pre-assessment and if you can get 75% or better, you're good to go. Then, take the LET1, ORC1, MGC1. From what's been reported, those classes are cake, and that's what's going to be my Hat Trick in February. I got the LET1 textbook from ebay for $20.50.

Remember, the people doing 50+ CUs are doing the classes during the day. I have to do mine at night because work is busy enough as it is (it really is though). The only work I'll do during the day is a revision...because I want that back out quickly and I didn't do too many of those. But actual study I can wait until after I'm home. And yes, like you I devote many weekend hours to classes as well.

I'm not going to find my old post because I'm too busy to do it at the moment, but basically, what I've said before I'll say again: never compare yourself to the people you read about here and elsewhere. Everyone is different and has different circumstances. I myself use the stories of people knocking out large numbers of classes to motivate myself, but I am realistic about my progress. There was a time not long ago when I was demotivated because I read some of the people were knocking out 20+ CU's per month and I knew I couldn't live up to that.

For myself, also as I've explained before, the initial large number of CU's that most (key word, not implying everyone) knock out is due to them cherry picking the courses that represent areas they are familiar with or already had competency in. My next term will be much slower, and I suspect that is the case with many people.

For myself, I work 10 hours per day (which means I'm gone from the house a minimum of 11.5 hours with drive time), have a family (wife and children), I work out for an hour per day, 6 days per week (down to 199 pounds now from 347 pounds 16 months ago), and I still fit school into the mix. For myself, I get up on the weekends before 5:00 AM and spend 4-8 hours on school. This gives me plenty of time with the family and for recreation later in the day, and I can still make good progress on the things I'm doing.

Best thing to do is find out what works for you, find out what makes sense for your situation and tailor your own plan. That's what I'm doing and I am at peace with my situation. The benefit of reading other people's experience on this site and others is to see if there are ways you can challenge yourself to perform a litle better if you see a way to do so or, more importantly, see if there is a more efficient way to go about knocking out certain classes together versus coming back to similar ones later. This saves time and reading about the other people having success can help with your confidence.

That's my two cents, just don't let the comparisons to random people off the internet bother you. icon_wink.gif

As for the comment about people doing 50+ CU's doing so by working during the day, that would be false in my situation. During the day I am managing a steel fabrication department and I barely have time to check emails at my desk, let alone do school work. That's why you will find very very few posts from me during the day on this site, as I don't even check the site until I get home. The exceptions to that are scheduled vacation days (which I have had to take for some cert exams, unfortunately). Unlike perhaps many who read this site, I don't have a job where I can browse the web during the day at work. Perhaps someday, here's hoping.
    The only way I get so many done is due to that I don't work. School is my full time gig. Plus like said I picked out all the easy classes first term and first part of this term - now all I have left it stuff I have no clue on and will be much slower. My 70-680 is proof of that, spent almost a month studying and will probably take another to finish it up.
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
  • asuraniaasurania Member Posts: 145
    I do agree with the above post everyone is diffrent. People learn diffrent, have diffrent skill sets, and absorb knowledge, and have diffrent level of problem solving and anaylitical skill sets, and grammer skill sets (like mine is poor if u see those spelling mistakes i do).

But yea some people can do 12 CU per term and that will be hardwork for them, and others can do 30 to 50 CU in 1 term and be a breeze, and not effect there social life.
    for me its not about the cu per term (as long as its more than 12) its about retention of information. i see all the i did 80 cu this term but i can almost with out a question go up to them and asked what dcpromo is they wouldnt know. i wouldnt say they are brain dumpers per se but they just cram for the test and thats it no knowledge retention

granted some classes i wouldnt need to retain like mcg1 but others like mcitp i would need to retain the info for a job
    for me its not about the cu per term (as long as its more than 12) its about retention of information. i see all the i did 80 cu this term but i can almost with out a question go up to them and asked what dcpromo is they wouldnt know. i wouldnt say they are brain dumpers per se but they just cram for the test and thats it no knowledge retention

granted some classes i wouldnt need to retain like mcg1 but others like mcitp i would need to retain the info for a job

There is one person in the WGU communities that I suspect braindumps. This person gets ridiculously high scores in the tests that this person takes, but does not seem to know anything technical on what was tested. I believe this person also scored a perfect score on one of the exams.

I would bet a fortune that this person ****, but if I can't "prove" it, I can't call them out. It could be that this person is just a savant when they take exams.

That's why I don't put such a high stake on scores on cert exams...I don't anticipate scoring so high on MS exams, but I will give it my best shot! The only high score I have is Sec+, but that was just overpreparedness. The rest of my certs we decently passed. Sec+ I put work in that though...I mean real work.
    There is one person in the WGU communities that I suspect braindumps. This person gets ridiculously high scores in the tests that this person takes, but does not seem to know anything technical on what was tested. I believe this person also scored a perfect score on one of the exams.

I would bet a fortune that this person ****, but if I can't "prove" it, I can't call them out. It could be that this person is just a savant when they take exams.

That's why I don't put such a high stake on scores on cert exams...I don't anticipate scoring so high on MS exams, but I will give it my best shot! The only high score I have is Sec+, but that was just overpreparedness. The rest of my certs we decently passed. Sec+ I put work in that though...I mean real work.

yea ive seen his posts on communities if its the same one

imo they should rework the capstone as more of a total final taking some questions from all the tech classes to make sure you know what your talking about.

any one can wright a paper as a capstone but can they, at the end, make a computer from parts/repair a broken one, make a network with a working domain (or the cisco router thing), secure it, document it, diagram it, and fix it when it goes down, support end users.

All of the low level IT certs I have taken this term I am quite comfortable with taking again now or at any time. I studied hard for those exams and there was very little that was new to me outside of cryptography, which I enjoyed learning and still retain. That said, there are areas of this degree that I could care less about retaining all of the details. Do I care about gerunds, infinitives and comma splices (oh my!)? Not at all. Do I care about the IT portion of this degree? You bet, and that's why I'm clearing my plate to take those high stakes, important courses in such a manner as I can focus on them and get them done.

To your point, however, retention is about repetition. I don't care if you take 10 days or 10 years to get your degree, if you're not using the tech in your day to day activities, you will lose that knowledge. I have conversations all the time with one of my turret press operators who passed his CCNA 5 years ago. He doesn't remember jack. Did he ****? I don't know or care, but I suspect, like most of us, he's human and forgot that knowledge due to not using the information.

With respect, I find it a huge stretch to say that you feel you have any kind of real gauge of the technical knowledge of the person you are referencing. Some of the most brilliant IT people I've worked with were about as articulate as a doormat. Conversely, some of those who talked the greatest game had nfc what they were doing.

I think we should avoid judgements that can't be made without working firsthand with individuals. As it is, it's all too easy to have someone on a forum remind us of someone we dislike and transfer that to the person in question without having any legitimate reason for doing so. That happens all the time and we're all guilty of that, if we're honest.

As far as I'm concerned, dumpers get exactly what they have coming to them in the end--they get found out for being clueless and inept and suffer accordingly. Those who put in the real time and effort win in the end. I've been through too much in my life to believe any other way. There are those who make it through life the easy way and seem to have all the luck, but 99.9% of the people that I've seen who make it do so because they were willing to put the work into it.
  • asuraniaasurania Member Posts: 145
    i do have to say getting a perfect or close to perfect score on those microsoft exams are dam hard.....i did most of my certification exams before i joined WGU and they where dam hard.....

i was fortunate i had pretty much easy courses left when i Joined WGU (most of it was just repeat)... 39/CU in 1 semester.

I know no way I can Can keep that trend up for the Masters which i start. I would b ehappy with doing 17 CU/Term to finish it in a year...

Goal is to have the Masters in 8 months...but 1 year seems reasonable.

After that I Plan to do my CMA (Certified Managnment Accountant).... I know accounting and IT...what the hell

But I trending to get into IT Security Auditing....and from what I seen in Canada is that the top Jobs in those (with the high end pay)...working for KPMG, Ernest and Young...they would want a CMA/CGA/CA or if you in the united states a CPA.

I still trying to wrap my head around the link...

its not nessary....but agan...if it was easy everyone would be doing it....

DCPromo is to activate/install/setup AD on a Windows Server - lol. I just had to say it...

I have pretty good retention on most of the tech stuff I've covered but being I'm not doing it everyday it doesn't stay fresh.
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    With respect, I find it a huge stretch to say that you feel you have any kind of real gauge of the technical knowledge of the person you are referencing. Some of the most brilliant IT people I've worked with were about as articulate as a doormat. Conversely, some of those who talked the greatest game had nfc what they were doing.

I think we should avoid judgements that can't be made without working firsthand with individuals. As it is, it's all too easy to have someone on a forum remind us of someone we dislike and transfer that to the person in question without having any legitimate reason for doing so. That happens all the time and we're all guilty of that, if we're honest.

As far as I'm concerned, dumpers get exactly what they have coming to them in the end--they get found out for being clueless and inept and suffer accordingly. Those who put in the real time and effort win in the end. I've been through too much in my life to believe any other way. There are those who make it through life the easy way and seem to have all the luck, but 99.9% of the people that I've seen who make it do so because they were willing to put the work into it.

With respect, I have said it was a gut feeling. I have always had half a mind to challenge this person, but that would be out of line (without facts). However, that's why it's an opinion and not a fact, and believe it or not, (at least with me), I can change my mind on an opinion when it's supported with fact and can admit when I'm wrong. That's a Virgo trait I personally identify with. :) I've been doing IT for a very long time. I wouldn't call myself perfect in all things IT or anything else for that matter. All I meant was this person in question much either be a savant when it comes to test taking, or is mentally juicing up (via ****, instead of steroids).

In any event, I'm leaving my pitchfork at home. icon_lol.gif I will not be actively participating in a witch-hunt that is absent of facts. :)

I know you were not directing this at me specifically but I am hoping to finish my degree this term and will have done over 100 cu's (I am waiving the credit WGU gave me for the CCNA class since I already had my Net+) and I want my CCNA. I DO know what a dcpromo is and have worked in the field for a long time. My first computer was a Commodore vic-20 with a cassette player for storage.

I started in computer support back in the early 90's and between job hopping and promotions was Director of IT for a university before I left to do my own business. Had a bunch of certs and all the hands-on just never got a degree. I went into the Marines after high school and needed a job when I got out. Now business is crap with the economy and I need the degree to go back to 9-5 job.

I agree with the probability of the braindumps for people scoring that high on the cert tests (except CIW). Using **** in my opinion is just plain cheating both you, the cert, and WGU if your taking it for a class.

You just can’t make general statements about people like that.
    I do this like it’s my job. Get up grab some coffee and plant my ass in the seat for 12+ hours a day studying. I am putting in a ton of hours to get this degree and putting a lot of family stuff on hold. Not because I have a burning desire to get done fast but because I need this degree to get take care of my family. I also need to update my skills so I can do the job I get hired for.

How long it takes someone to learn enough to take a cert depends on past experience both with the cert tests and knowledge. I created unattended install files when you had to do them by hand and the steps outlined by MS were just plain wrong. I even remember when networking didn’t work with NT at all until they released the first service pack to get it to 3.1. That’s why I am at WGU. I can go at my speed and not have to sit through stuff I already know. Just brush up on it and move on. My hardest class so far has been INT1 and the darn experiment. It has taken me over a month to get through but I finished both Java classes in a little more than a week. Just because someone can fly though a class doesn’t make them a cheater. It makes them a good candidate for WGU.

We all have different commitments. Working full time and doing this will take time. Trust me, I wish I had a full time gig right now. But I would never be able to go this fast if I did. Not looking forward to the Win 7 exam and it’s probably gonna kick my ass but it doesn’t mean that I won’t know what I am doing with it when the time comes.

Really sorry about the rant and I know you were not talking about me. It just got under my skin after knowing what I have already given up to do this and the hours I spend taking classes. Just like everyone else here.

The people that use **** won’t be able to hold a job past the first round of layoffs. Just don’t group us all in the same category if we are going fast since we have the experience or hours to do so . Unless your reading the book four times your retaining just as much. I am reading and then doing the same labs. Thats what puts in in long term memory. not waiting 12 hours before I read the next chapter. Yes when I get tired I have to reread the same paragraph over and over again but thats when its time to put down the book and do somehting else. Yes, I do "cherry pick" classes and group them together. But why wouldnt you? If you know the answer now why reread it in a few months. Some of the classes build on each other it just makes sense.

Just support each other here and help us all avoid the landmines. Be happy we are running ahead, maybe you can point and laugh when it blows up.

I know you were not directing this at me specifically but I am hoping to finish my degree this term and will have done over 100 cu's (I am waiving the credit WGU gave me for the CCNA class since I already had my Net+) and I want my CCNA. I DO know what a dcpromo is and have worked in the field for a long time. My first computer was a Commodore vic-20 with a cassette player for storage.

Just support each other here and help us all avoid the landmines. Be happy we are running ahead, maybe you can point and laugh when it blows up.

Hey man, for what it's worth, I was definitely NOT talking about you. In fact, in all of my posts, I have always commended people like you, Alif, Magicone, and His Excellency and others who have done the whole 50+ CU in one term. I sometimes feel like a slacker because I only did 28 CUs, but I have to keep telling myself it's not a race. Plus, I had to deal with a fire a couple of months ago and that slowed down my AIV1 studies considerably, which I'm hoping to start up again between tonight and tomorrow. (Thankfully, I was not enrolled in AIV1...just had access to the learning resources.)

My beef has been with a certain student (and AFAICT, no one here) that is just passing cert exams with ridiculously high scores and almost perfect if not perfect scores on the MS exams. I could be wrong, and I actually hope I am in this case, but my gut just tells me something is wrong (and in my case, it is usually right...about 85%-90% of the time...and that's lowballing...lol). I have always found your posts to be helpful and I have always tried to do the same. Your efforts (past and present) are to be commended. I actually work in higher ed and would kill for a shot to be a director in a IT shop at a university. Heck, I'm trying to be an associate director (I would refuse assistant director...I could and should get that now.)

In any event, I know my beef was not with you or anyone here...FWIW.