Options

Student Experiences at Western Governors University (WGU)

Comments

• Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Where can I find the pre assessment scores? How long do they take to show up?
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    NOLAJ wrote: »

They are immediate. Click on the Pre-assessment button and it will tell you you're score.
  • Options
    Thanks!

WGU -

• Options
    cvuong1984cvuong1984 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NOLAJ wrote: »

Umm how are the assessment tests??
    X
  • Options
    Fair, I would say. If you study the material you will pass.

WGU -

• Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Probably the latter icon_wink.gif

I just got task 4 back graded earlier today with a pass so that was the end of LET1 for me. The tasks are straight from the book in the chapter that the COS mentions for that specific task, and the items listed in the task are in the same order as it appears under that section of the book as well. You may just be overlooking it all, but trust me it's all right there.

Grats on finishing that up. Took CCENT earlier and passed so BRV1 is down. Time to start working on some easy stuff. icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Grats on finishing that up. Took CCENT earlier and passed so BRV1 is down. Time to start working on some easy stuff. icon_lol.gif

Must be nice to be doing a class that's interesting. I'm stuck on Project+ and it's painfully dull now.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Options
    cvuong1984cvuong1984 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pre Assessment, same as Readiness Assessment right?

I just finished, unable to find the scores =X
    X
  • Options
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I am done with LET1 one if anyone needs the book.

Do you still have that? I PM'd you.

WGU -

• Options
    Lemonade727Lemonade727 Member Posts: 177
    Hypntick wrote: »

Told you you'd take care of the CCENT this time around, and good job on the score too icon_cheers.gif

Is the easy stuff you're going to be working on the management stuff that I'm bringing the book around for, or did you already have plans for other courses first? Either way I'll meet up with you tomorrow night and bring that book for you.
    Pishof wrote: »
    Must be nice to be doing a class that's interesting. I'm stuck on Project+ and it's painfully dull now.

I will be doing that as soon as I get done with my MGC1 assessment on Tuesday night. Definitely not looking forward to it, but I wanted to get everything management related out of the way at the same time as I don't have an interest in it at all.
    Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
    Required:
    Finished! I'm a graduate now!
    Classes Transferred:
    AKV1, TTV1, TNV1, TSV1, ABV1, CLC1
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    All I have to say is GUT1 Task 4 is the most screwed up thing ever. There is no clarification on what they want, the mentor just tells you to read the outline, etc. Ugg can't wait till I'm done with it. I got my program written but I have not idea if it will pass as the outline doesn't agree with its self a lot.

Finally finished GTT1 Task 1. The longest I've ever spent on an introductory program. . . but then, I'm picky and I really wanted to get a handle on certain things in Java before I handed it in. Took like three days to get through Taskstream but it passed.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    Told you you'd take care of the CCENT this time around, and good job on the score too icon_cheers.gif

Is the easy stuff you're going to be working on the management stuff that I'm bringing the book around for, or did you already have plans for other courses first? Either way I'll meet up with you tomorrow night and bring that book for you.

TY TY, yeah that's what i'm planning on knocking out next. Along with WFV1 and LAE1, as those might take me 2-3 days tops. Work in ORC1, MGC1, and LET1 and go through the Labsim for the 70-642. Should come out right around where I wanted to for the term despite a few hangups.

Going through Labsim for 70-642 right now, haven't seen anything terribly difficult yet. Although I can bet that if a lot of the server core commands are on the test i'm gonna have a rough go of it. A lot of stuff to remember.
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the CIW 1D0-510 exam yesterday and passed with a 94%. I only studied the HTML stuff since I am a bit rusty in that department. I think I may shoot for passing CLC1 by the end of the week.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    All I have now is CCENT, Tech Writing, and Capstone. I'm really hoping I can be done by 9/30/2011. Can't believe I'm so close to being done! I still have to work my butt off to make it by the end of September though......
  • Options
    bmtuserbmtuser Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got my official transfer evaluation and will be starting July 1st! Can't wait to get started. How long did it take you guys to finish EWB? My enrollment counselor said most people take a week to complete it.
    Started WGU 07-01-2011
    Finished BS IT Network Administrator on 03/10/2012
  • Options
    bmtuser wrote: »
    Just got my official transfer evaluation and will be starting July 1st! Can't wait to get started. How long did it take you guys to finish EWB? My enrollment counselor said most people take a week to complete it.

Maybe 2 hours? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□

Congrats on enrolling! I guess you and I will be on the same path. I was told the same thing, and don't worry. Like Hypntick said, it shouldn't be that long. Remember, we have this nice three-day weekend to use. But who wants to works on 4th of July anyways?
  • Options
    Congrats on enrolling! I guess you and I will be on the same path. I was told the same thing, and don't worry. Like Hypntick said, it shouldn't be that long. Remember, we have this nice three-day weekend to use. But who wants to works on 4th of July anyways?

icon_lol.gif I plan on knocking EWB2 out July 1st and then relaxing the rest of the weekend!
    Started WGU 07-01-2011
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    icon_lol.gif I plan on knocking EWB2 out July 1st and then relaxing the rest of the weekend!

Me too. Sorry if I sound like a copycat, but trust me, I'm not. icon_lol.gif By the way, you should chime in here in the WGU Roll Call.
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□

I started this month. EWB was complete on the first day but I had to wait 5 more days for my mentor to setup my AAV. This doesn't seem to be the norm but if you just want to relax that weekend, it wouldn't be an issue either way. However, I felt like I was just wasting money by not being able to start right away so this was pretty frustrating for me.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    hiddenknight821- Thanks! I will post over there.

Nobylspoon- I figured it would take a few days after I finish the EWB course to setup my classes so I am not too worried. I understand what you mean about wasting money. I am paying out of pocket and each day at WGU costs around $16 but since I figure I won't finish in one semester, I might as well relax.
    Started WGU 07-01-2011
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    no one ever says you have to be enrolled to start studing ... go get the book(s) for one of the next classes you plan to take and start reading

you should be able to see the cos for every class you need
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    no one ever says you have to be enrolled to start studing ... go get the book(s) for one of the next classes you plan to take and start reading

you should be able to see the cos for every class you need

Very good advice. I've done this on a number of times successfully. If you study ahead than the time spent on the course should be much shorter. :)
  • Options
    Ended up passing MGC1 tonight, scoring 25% higher than when I took it last time. Next up...Project+. Let the boring reading continue :)
    Completed: EWB2, LAE1, WFV1, BAC1, BBC1, SSC1, SST1, BOV1, WSV1, GAC1, HHT1, QLT1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1, TPV1, INC1, WDV1​, INT1, LAT1, LUT1, IWC1, IWT1, KET1, KFT1, TWA1, CPW1
    Required:
    Classes Transferred:
  • Options
    Ended up passing MGC1 tonight, scoring 25% higher than when I took it last time. Next up...Project+. Let the boring reading continue :)

Outstanding sir! icon_cheers.gif

Knew you'd nail it this time. icon_thumright.gif Keep in mind when you're done with that, I think you're done with the boring reading for a bit.

I just did the pre-assess for ORC1 after going over a couple of areas I scored lower in the first time around, came out around 78%. I think this is completely acceptable. Gonna brush up on my HTML over the next couple of days, sit CIW on Saturday and do my ORC slaying Sunday. After that on to LAE1 and MGC1, a week or so of LET writing and then whole hog on the 70-642. Waiting on my MS press 2nd edition of the guide to get here.
  • Options
    shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    I've got WDV1 on monday, and then on to the two Java classes, which I'm not looking forward to at all. icon_bounce.gif I like this bouncey guy. icon_bounce.gificon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    sheckler wrote: »
    I've got WDV1 on monday, and then on to the two Java classes, which I'm not looking forward to at all. icon_bounce.gif I like this bouncey guy. icon_bounce.gificon_bounce.gif

What materials have you been using for WDV1?
    Required:
    Classes Transferred:
  • Options
    never2latenever2late Member Posts: 122
    Passed my 70-680 test today. Took seven weeks of studying and thousands of test questions but got through it with a 945. The actual test was not as difficult in reality as it was in my mind. Glad that its over and can move on to MGC1 and start the Project+ before my second term ends on 7-31. Only five classes left before graduation.
  • Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Sounds like a few of you will be joining me on the Project+ snooze train.

Has anyone else who's used Ucertify for the pk-003 feeling that many of the questions are well beyond the scope needed for project+?

I'm seeing a lot of questions hitting on material that weren't in sybex book and not in the exam objectives either.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Options
    shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    What materials have you been using for WDV1?

The CIW stuff they give you is good. There's a pdf of the book, and then a lot of practice exams and quizzes to take.